Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gabrielo

FreeStyle Libre Pro

Uff Da

Did the doctor give you the literature about the device? I wore one back in April/May and found it to be helpful, though I'm really chomping at the bit to get the personal version, which was just approved by the FDA and is expected to be available by prescription in the US by the end of the year. Be aware that the literature that came with the pro version indicated that hypos tend to be overstated. In fact 40% of the readings under 60 were situations where the BG was actually over 80. In discussing that factor with personal Freestyle Libre users on Facebook, I get the impression that much of that error seems to be when an individual lays on it at night.

don1942

I read that the new Freestyle Libra Flash is tauted as not needing finger sticks for 14 days. However, I have also read that a Abott  Labs recommends not using the the sensor reading for blousing but rather use a finger stick for this purpose. 

A contradiction indicating that they are not that confident with the sensors accuracy.

Peggy_TX

I've been "tagged" with a Libre for about 3 months now

1) that stupid glue does NOT like 100+ weather!!  I've found less than 1/2 of them make it all the way to the 10 day mark.  Even with extra adhesive.

2) they are remarkably good at sending replacements

3) I haven't found one yet that doesn't read about 30 points low

What is everyone else experiencing?

JohnSchroeder

I've not had adhesive issues.. nothing as serious as falling off.

The accuracy has been hit and miss.  Maybe 2 out of 10 sensors so far read about 30 points low consistently.

Had no idea they would send replacements.  Should have made use of that once or twice.

I love seeing the graph of your sugars, really opened my eyes up to dawn phenomena.

Gladtobehere

Adhesive is great as long as you stay cool.  But in the hot and sweaty last 2 weeks I have knocked 2 off.

I find that Libre reads low most of the time but the trend data is very useful.

Peggy_TX
12 hours ago, Gladtobehere said:

Adhesive is great as long as you stay cool.  But in the hot and sweaty last 2 weeks I have knocked 2 off.

I find that Libre reads low most of the time but the trend data is very useful.

Have you called and gotten the free replacements?    I have another 2 on their way....   I'm in love with how easy their customer service is!!

JohnSchroeder

Just tested my new sensor a couple times.  Most recent:

Relion Prime: 130

Libre: 138

That works for me. Got a good sensor this time.

Peggy_TX

I'm still mystified by my readings....

Compared to my One Touch Ultra, they are pretty consistently 30 points lower on the Libre

The single meter I had that seems to be "right," fell off in less than 2 days, so I didn't get a lot of comparisons

Had my first labs done today since I started wearing it -- so I guess I'll know soon which one of these is measuring right!!   

green3710

My best friend got the Libre device as soon as it was available in the US. I stuck with my dexcom that does not require me to wave a meter over my sensor for a reading. She hated it. The readings were way off, 100 points +. The stupid sensor would not stay stuck to her arm and if she sweat a little it would peel off. She thought it would work when she got it she sent her old strips to one of those places you sell diabetic test strips to. So she had to wear the sensor for two weeks getting bad reading until she could get her strips returned. 

statdeac

Try another site.  I've had issues with the Dexcom sensor on the back of the arm in the Summer, but usually not during cooler seasons.  High abdomen works best for me!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.