Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cbar425

Dr won't listen to me, I have all the symptoms please help

Cbar425

Hello, I am new to this site and I would like to ask for some insight. Over the last few months I've been experiencing many symptoms of diabetes. I'm 21 and type 1 runs in my family.

So I've had several blood tests done and my fasting blood glucose was 126. My dr never called me and never set up a follow up to do a second test. So I took matters in my own hands and requested a follow up blood test. My Dr basically rolled her eyes at me and told me I shouldn't be worried since I'm "thin" and "look healthy". 

That day i had my urine tested for something unrelated and the next day I receive my test result by email and i see on there that I have 80mg of Ketones in my urine. To my understanding ketones in urine isn't good and 80mg is a high number. Once again my Dr never mentioned the ketones.

I feel so frustrated I know something is wrong I don't feel right and I haven't for a while now. What do you guys think about all of this? I appreciate any input 

OneEye

My advice...have diabetic tests done. And...if your care provider rolls their eyes...get a better care provider.

Cbar425

Thanks I've decided I'm gonna go see an endocrinologist since my care provider isn't taking this seriously

Hammer

You can do at least one test yourself at home....the A1C Now test kit.  You get a monitor and two test kits.  Once you've used both test kits, the monitor is no good, but for $37.00, that's $18.50 per test.  I've used this kit in the past and found it to be within 0.1 of the lab test, so it's been pretty accurate for me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.