Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carol_42

Pureed Frozen Avocados

Carol_42

http://www.hgtv.com/outdoors/gardens/garden-to-table/can-you-freeze-avocados

I just learned something today.  You can freeze pureed avocados and use them in smoothies and other

dishes.  That's a new one on me.  Sometimes I would find good deals on avocados but didn't take full advantage

of the sales because I couldn't eat them up that fast enough.  I really love avocados and baby spinach in my

whey protein smoothies.  Now I found a way to accommodate that need.  Yipee!  Happy Avocado feet!

carfree

Interesting.  I discovered avocado can be frozen too, but I have never pureed them.   I was surprised they don't really get brown if you cut them and put in a plastic bag, but it works.  It's a good way to not waste anything, especially because they can be pricey.   I'll have to try the puree which seems really convenient. 

Avocado in a smoothie is the best!  Avocado, chocolate protein powder, frozen greens, zucchini, coconut milk..... so yummy.

Carol_42
1 hour ago, carfree said:

Interesting.  I discovered avocado can be frozen too, but I have never pureed them.   I was surprised they don't really get brown if you cut them and put in a plastic bag, but it works.  It's a good way to not waste anything, especially because they can be pricey.   I'll have to try the puree which seems really convenient. 

Avocado in a smoothie is the best!  Avocado, chocolate protein powder, frozen greens, zucchini, coconut milk..... so yummy.

I was told to puree them when they were ripe and add lemon or lime juice to them.  Then pour into ice cube trays and cover till frozen. Then place frozen cubes in zip bags or whatever is convenient.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.