Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob43

Chuck Norris believes a chemical used in MRI imaging scans poisoned his wife

Rob43

Action star Chuck Norris took on medical device manufacturers in a lawsuit filed in California on Wednesday alleging a chemical used in MRI imaging scans poisoned his wife.
Gadolinium that doctors injected into Gena Norris to improve the clarity of her MRIs have left her weak and tired and with debilitating bouts of pain and a burning sensation, the suit filed in San Francisco Superior Court says.

http://rare.us/rare-people/chuck-norris-believes-a-chemical-used-in-mri-imaging-scans-poisoned-his-wife/

art

I was always told the use of dye in an MRI for a diabetic is a no no.

I once walked away from an MRI when I saw the nurse coming at me with a syringe.

Asked " what's that?" Told it was the dye. Told her I was a diabetic. Naturally she told me it was OK.

Just got up and left.

Ever had a nurse chase you down a hall waving a syringe?

He final words were " well I'm calling your doctor."

So, I'm kinda with Chuck

Art

Kit

I've had 3 MRIs (or was it 4) both with and without contrast.  I get them yearly. 

If your kidneys are having issues, the dye is indeed dangerous as your kidneys struggle to remove it from your system. 

If your kidneys are in good shape, this isn't a problem. 

As I am diabetic, they do a quick blood check when I get there to confirm my kidney function. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.