Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ran23

Mexican Restaurant

Fraser

To me, been around along time. The question is where do you go out to eat and why?

my family and friends understand my carb limitations and they make sure I have options.

my rant, but eating out is not an issue, it is adventure!

Kit
1 hour ago, ran23 said:

I choose the Taco Salad with chicken and Guacamole, about the lowest carb selection?  No, I didn't eat the shell.

Do you mean to ask if it's the lowest carb option? If so,  that depends on what all is in  it. Different places put different things in their salads so it's hard to say for sure without knowing. One bonus though is it's usually pretty easy to ask they leave the really cabby stuff out of them and customize to your needs. 

I tend to do fajitas with no rice or tortillas. Leave off the beans about 50%of the time. They are my weakness. :)

Fraser

The last Time I went out for dinner with daughter and boy friend it was a burger in a lettuce wrap 

be fore that Peruvian resturant, assiorted scallops including bacon wraps, plus a seafood sampler. 

There are many options out there but carbs. My ex , daughters mother reacts to shell fish,

no one says that she should try this lobster dish !

So we should eat carbs?

My friends an family say I should not need to.

ran23

Unfortunately I was just tagging along after the theater.  My choice?  go home to a simple salad with salmon or HB egg.   life.

Fraser

Thanksgiving with friends was at a restaurant overlooking the pacific, which include a traditional sea food stew. Along with the standard carb stuff. 

I had a great time and crab too. 

I only eat what works for me. 

OneEye
15 hours ago, ran23 said:

Oh, I miss the City, a restaurant over the Bay.   don't tease me.   

As do I. Born and raised in San Francisco. As a kid I used to grab the bus after school and go out to Fisherman's Wharf and help the crabbers and Albacore boats unload. They'd drop a few 8" Dungeness crabs in my bag for my efforts...or if it was albacore...at least a 20 pounder. I'd walk up to the bus stop just above Muni Pier and catch that bus to Market street where I'd transfer to the N Judah that dropped me off just before the tunnel on Duboce st.. Sometimes...I'd take a crab out of my burlap bag and let 'em stretch his legs around the bus. Too funny...:)

ran23

Growing up around the Monterey Bay was almost as exciting.  Eating out of the Bay, always fun.  Now I am stuck inland in the mountains. 

Fraser

The. Peruvian reasturant I mentioned is Fresca SF.   Just google it and search images.

i usually go to the Inner Sunset location because I can walk there. Of course not everything is low carb  but they will do substitutions. 

Now this is what I enjoy going out to dinner. 

And usually I can avoid a spike after dinner. Different locations have different menus, so it is hard to say what you should order. So many choices. I think the last dish I had there was scallops bacon and plantains 

Check it out

Dave_KC

I know it's a chain restaurant, but I often do Abuelo's and they offer romaine leaves as opposed to tortillas, and then do veggies rather than rice or beans.  It's really nice to have, and it tastes really good.  

Otherwise, it's just some choices, and Mexican places can be tough. 

ran23

there is a Peruvian Food Truck near the hospital every day.  Smells so good driving by, finally stopped.  Chicken, salad,  (wife can eat my cilandro rice--can't stand that spice). $9.00, easy a $15.00 lunch anywhere else.    close enough to stop home, eat that with a glass of Merlot. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.