Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ran23

Ever buy out of season ?

ran23

This is really Men's wear.   Wearing a great silk tie of brown plaid, yes a Fall tie.Just bought it.      Right now I hope to talk the Men's store into selling me 4 Linen ties as 'summer wear'.   fingers crossed.  It wasn't too long ago I bought a charcoal herringbone blazer in summer.  Just curious.     Ran

TX_Clint

I hate ties. I always have and always will. Ties should have gone out of style when someone invented the button up collar.

I also buy my clothes out of season, sorta. We don’t have very long or severe winters here so I mostly wear the same clothes year round except for sweaters and jackets in winter. 

Fraser

In San Fracisco the average high ranges from 60 to 70 degrees.  So there are no seasons,. The question is do I need an extra layer, or is rain gear requied Then, you have to be prepared for the fog anytime.  BRRRRRR,!

It is so hard to decide what hoodie to wear!

some of those trendy hoodies are expensive.

dowling gram

Most people I know buy when the sales are on and that's usually at the end of the season for stores if not the end of the season for wearing them. Usually winter clothes go on sale at the end or middle of January but we have winter for at least 2 more months. Summer clothes go on sale at the middle to the end of August and can be worn for at least a month more,. It always depresses me to see winter clothes in hot weather.

I never pay full price for any sort of clothing. If it's not on sale it soon will be and I'm fatalistic about things. I look at it this way--if it's not there for a sale it wasn't meant to be mine

ran23

We miss the CA coast and the jacket on, jacket off seasons.  Moving to the PNW, my wife realized her closet had to be rearranged with the seasons (Office wear).  Me?  I just look forward to tweed jacket weather.  

Hammer

I hate buying clothes...it's such a waste of money.  When I need to buy clothes, I'll buy a dozen or more tee-shirts (that's all I wear), four pairs of jeans, a dozen pair of jockey style men's underwear, several zippered hoodies, and a dozen pair of men's white socks.  That should last me for at least, ten years.  As for shoes, I'll buy a pair of New Balance 991 athletic shoes....maybe two pairs at a time.  I am not fashion conscious, because anyone who is fashion conscious (in my opinion), is being influenced by the fashion industry to buy more clothes.  I don't care if my clothes are out of style, I mean, who determines what's in style, some rich fashion designer?  No, I'll wear my out of style clothes until they fall apart, which typically means that my old, out of style clothes will probably be in fashion when they wear out.  As long as my clothes are comfortable, that's all I care about.  If someone doesn't like what I'm wearing, that's their problem, not mine....I just want to be comfortable.  To me, anyone who places a lot of influence on what I'm wearing, as opposed to getting to know me, is too shallow, and I don't want to associate with them.  Clothes are just something to cover up your body so that you don't get arrested for indecent exposure.

macksvicky

I'm with Nora, out of season, out of date I don't care, if I like it, that's all that counts. I also love good deals at Goodwill and thrift shops. 

Kit

Living in the PNW i have found that I really don't have multiple wardrobes. The only big difference between summer and winter is whether or not I am wearing sandals or tennis shoes.   Or a jacket. 

I personally despise shopping with a passion. I know exactly what I  need, go in, and then get the heck back out as quickly as possible.  

NoraWI

Kit, maybe I'm being obtuse, but I have seen several references to people living in the PNW. Where is the PNW? Ahhh... just typing it, I answered my own question. Pacific Northwest! I am so stupid about acronyms!

Fraser

When I owned my own Architectural firm I made sure I dressed for the role.  

Now that I am retired and 72 I don't dress to impress but I do dress to present my self to others. 

I try to keep my body in shape too.  It pleases me that people don't react to me as that frumpy old man.  Now we are just talking about well fitted black jeans, a bit of a trendy look in sneakers,

solid color tees and a pull over or vest.   

Don't get many offers for a seat in the subway (common practice here) for being a senior.

they still call me Sir. , I guess it is the white hair. 

LaRue

Hey gang. Been busy and not posted lately.

I'm on the same page with several people here. As long as it's clean and comfortable.

I buy half dozen or dozen 3/4 length sleeve, V neck pull overs in different colors,  and I'm set for a long time. 

adiantum

Ran its always nice to read your attire posts.

You have a good eye for stylish clothing & work at keeping your weight down to carry those clothes to their best.

I'm a relic of my old beatnik days , so just wear black jeans & tee-shirts..with a trilby hat of course.

Hmmm beatnik or blues brothers ? :D

I've bought new Brooks sneakers on ebay for $9.99. They were listed as used so I msg'd the seller & asked what wear they'd had.

She said she had tried them on in the store & bought them not realising   her feet were swollen from walking around the city.

Back home in the country & they were too big , she wasnt going back to the city so sold them on ebay as used, although she'd never taken 3 steps in them.

Fraser

To be a contrarian (sp)

when it comes to shoes especially running shoes only the best I can find is good.

my favorite shoes were re-designed, ugh 5 pair of shoes later I found my next best pair although it was a half size too large .  Now down sized to a 10.5 and reworked my lacing and tension. 

My feet are really happy after a longer run. I donated the rest. 

Everyone feet should feel so good.

no compromise on shoes.

Kit
14 minutes ago, Fraser said:

To be a contrarian (sp)

when it comes to shoes especially running shoes only the best I can find is good.

my favorite shoes were re-designed, ugh 5 pair of shoes later I found my next best pair although it was a half size too large .  Now down sized to a 10.5 and reworked my lacing and tension. 

My feet are really happy after a longer run. I donated the rest. 

Everyone feet should feel so good.

no compromise on shoes.

Agreed.  No compromise for shoes and bras.  :D

adiantum

I  hope you didnt think I was wearing poor shoes. 

When wearing sneakers I prefer to wear Brooks & these are the ones I bought on ebay but for $240 cheaper

Women's Levitate Neutral running shoe angular view

$249.95

Fraser

Brooks are great shoes, but I did have some quality issues after a couple of weeks, but my daughter wears them to run. 

ran23

Well, in daylight, I realize these are not brown,  and new condition (no box).  I ran the numbers, Burgundy, beautiful Burgundy. 

ran23
On 12/22/2017 at 9:32 AM, ran23 said:

Well, in daylight, I realize these are not brown,  and new condition (no box).  I ran the numbers, Burgundy, beautiful Burgundy. 

sold them. really need a few brown shoes

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.