Diabetes forums
adiantum

2018 Morning FBG tests

adiantum

I hope this year brings good health & happy times for all.

I declare never to drink hard cider again..its high carb

Diana_CT

Happy New Year!

On this first morning of the new year my reading was 100

To day is bitter cold, it is -3F (-19C) with a wind chill of -22F (-30C).

Here is a question for you, who can answer without looking on the internet... what is the temperature in Celsius of -40 Fahrenheit?

I'll post the answer in tomorrow's morning post.

Kit

-40. Someone else posted it on another thread. 

90 at 2:20am.

Didn't manage to sleep at all last night. Currently sitting at my gate. Should start boarding in about 50 minutes. 

I am so tired. 

NoraWI

My heart is with you, Kit. Tough time!

Diane, our overnight lows in southwest Wisconsin have been consistently below zero F. Yesterday, the high was ZERO. It is -15F right now at 7:30am and I will be going out to feed the critters in another half hour. I wear so many clothes that I would probably bounce if I slipped and fell. Daughter made me a head turtle that is saving the day along with the Hot Hands I pop into my gloves. Makes me wonder why I live here. And then I remember... no earthquakes, no hurricanes, no forest fires, nothing but occasional unreasonable but survivable cold and nice wood burning stove inside the house (in addition to radiant heat that goes on at night).

Where do YOU live?

Sprockets

In near the top!

113 for me this morning. 

May get some flurries here in the Orlando area this week!  Seriously!  People really freak out on the cold here.  WE get a huge influx of homeless during the winter for obvious reasons and it's a big deal.  Many houses have inadequate heat too.  Lots of house fires this week I'm afraid.

BookwormBetty

129 this morning immediately followed by 126. A year ago my a.m. reading was 108; time to go back to closely tracking my food for a month or so and testing multiple times a day. My A1C has remained under 6 all year and I'd like to keep it that way. (I only really closely monitor and record my food for about a month at a time. Longer than that and i begin to feel crazy and very stressed out.)

FunDad62

74 for me on 1/1/2018.

Happy New Year my friends and I wish everyone absolute happiness in the new year!

NoraWI

Hey, FunDad! I would settle for less unhappiness! :rolleyes:

Forgot to add that my FBG this morning was 83. But, then, I am a T1 on an insulin pump. Unhappily, it's an Animas Ping, which I love. Johnson & Johnson (owner of Animas) has discontinued their pump business in the U.S. and Canada and either sold or somehow traded their 90,000 pump clients to Medtronics, while continuing to sell and support the Animas pump throughout the rest of the world. Sure would like to know the REAL story on this...

Diana_CT
1 hour ago, NoraWI said:

Diane, our overnight lows in southwest Wisconsin have been consistently below zero F. Yesterday, the high was ZERO. It is -15F right now at 7:30am and I will be going out to feed the critters in another half hour. I wear so many clothes that I would probably bounce if I slipped and fell. Daughter made me a head turtle that is saving the day along with the Hot Hands I pop into my gloves. Makes me wonder why I live here. And then I remember... no earthquakes, no hurricanes, no forest fires, nothing but occasional unreasonable but survivable cold and nice wood burning stove inside the house (in addition to radiant heat that goes on at night).

Where do YOU live?

In central Connecticut, about 10 miles south of Hartford 

dowling gram
2 hours ago, NoraWI said:

Where do YOU live?

Wow. We've had it cold in Northern Ontario Canada but not that cold. The coldest we.ve had is -20C or -4 F but western Canada has had it colder. In fact in much of Canada outdoor New Years celebrations had to be cancelled because of the cold. I do agree with you about the hurricanes etc. even if I hate winter more and more as I get older. The next couple of months will be spent surviving the cold and looking at seed catalogues and dreaming of spring.

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone

carfree

97 this morning. 

I actually went out for a nice walk yesterday despite the high temp being  below 0F all day The wind chill was supposed to be -25 to 30 F, but it mostly did seem too bad with proper clothing.   I love to sun and it was so bright with the snow.  I was super tired last night though.  Might try again today.  I do really feel for homeless folks.  

Despite being in an area and family  that are a bit weather obsessed, I never really mastered the Celsius conversion.  I remember something about - 32 and x something like 5/8; no clue.  I'll have to look this up.

Kit, so sorry you are going though this.  Know we are thinking of you.  

adiantum

perhaps my feasting is similar  & I should aim for a Rabbit to be proud instead.

Apart from thinking of the homeless, I love to read of your winter conditions.

I'm enjoying this weeks temps around 70 to 90F

Ahnanimus

A surprising 109 today. I had a wonderful time last night.Celebrated the new year with friends and family and had my fair share of sangria.Today, I'm going to an anniversary luncheon and I'll try to resist the wine.

Did anyone stand on their left foot at 11.59pm last night so they could start the new year on the right foot? LOL

BookwormBetty

132 this morning immediately followed by 133. (I still need to change the battery but that may well be accurate.) My phone said it was -14 F here at 7:00 in northern Indiana. I'm not poking my nose out to verify! Not normal but not unheard of. We're supposed to get up to 9, which will be the high for the past few days. Happy New Year, all!

Ahnanimus

111. I resisted the wine, but drank the beer last night

Did anyone see the super moon? Here's a view from my yard. 

received_10155239190113857.jpeg