Diabetes forums
adiantum

2018 Morning FBG tests

Diana_CT

First reading 145!

Washed my hands and retested 124.

I still don't believe the readings... I didn't eat anything out of the ordinary yesterday. 

FunDad62

Had my yearly echo-treadmill stress test yesterday.  Everything went fine.  Doctor will review it today.

Kit

104 here

I refuse to accept this as the new normal.  I just have no clue what to do about it.

Ahnanimus

85 today. I'm off to the hospital today..

@Kit sometimes, there's nothing you can do but relax,as stress causes it to rise even more. Wishing you numbers that make you happy!😀

adiantum

Sometimes I thing great bursts of laughter causes higher FBG to rise  j/k

There was no laughter in my house yesterday..my refrigerator said it didn't want to move to a new house .

I was sure it was just being difficult & didn't want to turn its light on. Then I blamed the power board so changed boards.

Then I thought it was a blown light bulb.

Nah, that fridge is  dead and it's timing sucks.

Fraser

98 this morning

I have not been very good about posting,  oops

Smokey haze from the fires today. 

Edited by Fraser

Hammer
21 hours ago, adiantum said:

Sometimes I thing great bursts of laughter causes higher FBG to rise  j/k

There was no laughter in my house yesterday..my refrigerator said it didn't want to move to a new house .

I was sure it was just being difficult & didn't want to turn its light on. Then I blamed the power board so changed boards.

Then I thought it was a blown light bulb.

Nah, that fridge is  dead and it's timing sucks.

Lee, do you have some type of test meter that measures voltage and current, like a multimeter?  The reason I'm asking is that, it's unusual for a refrigerator to completely die, I mean, the light might go out, but the refrigerator will still run.  Or the compressor might stop working, but the light will still turn on.  It's always possible that the power cord became loose or disconnected inside the refrigerator.  If you have some way to gain access to the power cord connection inside the refrigerator, you can test the power cord at that end to see if you are actually getting power to the refrigerator.  If you don't have any type of meter, maybe call a repairman and see what he finds.  Sure, it'll cost you a service visit fee, but if it's something simple, it'll be cheaper than buying a new refrigerator.  Of course, it depends on how old the refrigerator is.  If the refrigerator is getting up in age, it might be time to get a new one anyway.  Add to that, if your refrigerator is old, a new one will save you money, since the new ones are more energy efficient.

Many years ago, when I serviced photostat machines, I set up a brand new machine in a customer's office.  Once I had it all set up, I turned it on and made a few copies.  Satisfied that it was working properly, I turned the machine off and gathered up my tools.  The customer walked over to the machine and tried to turn it on and it wouldn't turn on.  I checked out a few things, but everything seemed to be okay, but it wouldn't turn on.  The power cord could be disconnected from the back of the machine, so I unplugged it and plugged it back in several times, with no luck.  I walked out to me car, grabbed another new power cord,  connected it to the machine and it worked fine.  The brand new power cord that came with the machine worked for about 5 minutes, then quit working.  This was something that I was taught, but I didn't do when the machine first stopped working....check the simplest things first, since that's those are the most common problems.

adiantum

& the stress goes on..la de la de dee....la de da de dah

Yesterday I bought on new small bar fridge online thinking it will be easier to move to the new house & not knowing what will fit in that kitchen.

I paid delivery & another $50 for them to take the old fridge.

The clerk said the driver would arrive soon..ooops.. I had to run  around & empty & clean it.

I knew it would be grubby on the top as I dont climb much these days..& we wouldnt like the neighbours seeing a grubby refrigerator coming out of the house. I filled the bin with the contents  & was washing it out when I heard the motor click over.:blink:

I didnt cancel the bar fridge feeling confident I'd have it to fall back on if the old fridge went back into its crisis.

Its a really old fridge that I bought 2nd hand ten years ago. Thanks Hammer... you could be right, although it has a 4* efficiency label.

I  now have another box to climb over. At least for a few days until I see whats happening with the old fridge. Its still working but its only 6 C degrees in it & should be 5C but good enough  to keep drinks & salad cold.

Then... in the afternoon, I checked my bank statement & saw that I paid twice for the new fridge.

The clerk said the first time he entered my details it didnt work so I had to supply them again.

A few phone calls & they claim their bank said only one was processed so I now have to wait until Monday to ring my bank to sort it out.

la de da de dah

Hammer

A 75 (4.17) on the Bayer Contour meter, and an 83 (4.61) on the Bayer Contour Next EZ meter.

For those of you living in an area that gets cold, winter weather, make sure to check the air pressure in your tires when the weather turns colder.  Air pressure drops as the weather turns colder.  I forgot about it until the tire pressure monitor in my new vehicle alerted me to it, so I filled all of my tires up to the recommended pressure. (I have an air compressor in my garage to do this, as well as to operate pneumatic power tools).