Diabetes forums
adiantum

2018 Morning FBG tests

Ahnanimus

92  on a bright and sunny Saturday. My girlfriend is out of hospital and doing fairly well. It's going to be 6 weeks before we know the stage of the cancer and the next step in treatment. In the meantime, we are exhaling and giving thanks.

adiantum

7.6 That'd be because I tried to forget I had D last night &  practiced gluttony.

actually, I think it was beyond practicing & closer to perfect.

@Ahnanimus I'll do the happy dance for both you & your friend and hope the treatment is kind & a success.

FunDad62

Back in Georgia helping with the last weekend of moving mom and dad.  Renting a truck tomorrow and loading up and driving it back to the island (18 miles from here) to the new house.  A huge pain as moving always is and with dad bed-ridden and mom 84 years old....I hate it for them.  Hospice is picking dad up in an hour and he'll stay there for 5 days while we get mom moved and she can settle in a bit.  But at least they'll be back on the island where they lived since 1963 and feel "at home".  Mom anyway.  Dad won't know any different.  The new house is only a 10 minute walk from the old house that flooded in hurricane Irma last year so they're really in the same neighborhood so to speak.

Kit

92 for me.  I actually spent most of the day yesterday in the 80s.

I've been reading how higher insulin resistance during cold weather may be an evolutionary protective measure.  Glucose functions as anti freeze.  The seasons can also have an affect on hormone levels.  Scientists are just now starting to look into environmental factors on our bodies.

adiantum

this 8 is enough to cause a girl a stroke but I remember the 1/ bag of cashews I stuffed into last night.

FunDad you must be an expert at moving houses  by now. Just packing things in boxes is a big deal for me.

Diana_CT

I was attending an anniversary party yesterday as I was putting a frosting laden fork full of cake in my mouth, who stops by to say "Hi" my endo  

Fraser

112 which is hi for me, but I live in San Francisco and the smoke  from the fires is really bad.  Air Quality equal to Beijing !! So even with a mask, very limited outside activity.  Even the indoor pools have closed.  (Indoor pools require a lot of outside air to be pumped in to vent the chlorine out)

So not much activity.  Binge watching tv and staying inside, and.   Of course the kitchen is really handy.  So not great numbers.

Ahnanimus

90 today.

@adiantum, thank you, the happy dance 💃💃is appreciated. She is doing so well post surgery, I have to remind her to slow down. So for now, we'll happy 💃💃💃until the next hurdle.

@Diana_CT that was so funny, I laughed out loud😂

adiantum

Very happy @Ahnanimus 's friend is recovering well.. I do enjoy doing this happy dance.

Really sad for those affected by the fires. Just seeing & breathing the smoke is bad , as is hearing the planes & helicopters collecting water to douse the fires. Our very own OneEye is on alert waiting on the order to  evacuate when . Another has evacuated from Paradise.. that experience has to leave a  scar on a girls soul.

steel
4 minutes ago, Hammer said:

An 83 (4.61) on the Bayer Contour meter, and a 91 (5.06) on the Bayer Contour Next EZ meter.

so jelly! :wacko:

great numbers! :D

Hammer
27 minutes ago, steel said:

so jelly! :wacko:

great numbers! :D

Steel, I had to look up "so jelly".:)  While I know that a lot of members here would like to have numbers like mine, I don't like them to be that high.  Normally, my fasting numbers are in the upper 60's to upper 70's, and that's where I like them.  The Bayer Contour meter typically reads a bit low, so that 83 that I had today is low.  The Bayer Contour next EZ meter is more accurate, so I usually go by that.  I have one more test strip in the vial of strips for the Bayer Contour meter, and once I've used it, I will only be posting the readings from the Bayer Contour Next EZ meter.  I still have several unopened boxes of the Bayer Contour test strips, but I'm just going to throw them away.(they expire next month anyway.)  The Bayer Contour meter is an older and outdated meter, so I won't be using it anymore.

Fraser

On a new meter, the old one stopped working   (Not a battery issue) the display was flashing on and off and i had a hard time getting the meter to realize that I had inserted a strip

The air is still Smokey here..

Edited by Fraser