Diabetes forums
adiantum

2018 Morning FBG tests

steel

5.7 ! 103 ish  better than the past couple of readings

Started Provera yesterday and was concerned about BG rising.  I felt very thirsty and warm last night and had to pee twice over night. Blood sugar was 6.1 at 3 am (checked twice) so I went back to bed relieved. Birth control always makes me feel weird.

adiantum

feeling wonderful after a month of chest issues & shortness of breath thanks to allergy to glucosomine..scary!!

@meyery2k  123 >>>>> groan  :rofl: 

Diana_CT

The forecast was for 4" - 6" (10 - 15 cm) but instead we got 8" - 10" (20 - 25), they predicted that the snow would change to rain instead it stayed all snow.

For me it didn't all my meetings were cancelled so I curled up in front of the fire and read but for those at work it was a nightmare getting home. 

Hammer

An 82 (4.56) for me today. I gave my friend an early Christmas present today, since I knew that she'd have use for it when she goes hunting.....or for when she goes out to shovel snow off of her driveway....or for just sitting in front of the TV and she gets a chill.

adiantum

What a lovely gift Hammer. 

I've a feeling you will be buying something else for her by then.

It's nice to have friends and to appreciate them.

Ahnanimus

89. Forgot to test until after breakfast.

@adiantum, I hope you find a new home with good neighbours  with whom you can be friends.

Don't know if this post got  lost in cyberspace, but I realized it was missing after I posted it on Thursday, then it resurfaced incomplete today.

steel

Provera is Def impacting bg numbers.  last night a random check before dinner was 7.8. I'm usually at 5 something at most 6. No change in diet. Fasting this morning is up again 6.5/117. I ve been feeling so hot and uncomfortable, feel hungry or thirsty randomly.  bg isn't high enough to be causing it. It's listed among the side effects, and if I didn't have diabetes I'd be okay with it but the added stress of seeing higher blood sugars is annoying me. Takes so much work to get numbers down and  one birth control pill to make them go haywire. I am taking it to regulate my periods and can't wait to get off it.

Oh and my blood pressure which is like always low normal was 118/82 yesterday. The doctor said mild hypertension is to be expected. Like my bg is higher, now my blood pressure is also higher..normal ish but higher than my usual. My anxiety is worse too but there are no better options out there so iam stuck with this for the next 3 months. Looks like I'll be making 5% club on my 6 month a1c

/vent

adiantum

I bought my 6yr old  dog a new comforter & it was a great success.

The only trouble is that he doesnt trust me & thinks I'll take it.

He carries it around the house or in the garden with him & when he takes a nap, he lies on it.

At night, he sucks on its ear & pumps his feet just like a puppy feeding.

He seems to like having his face buried in hair

This one is lots smaller then his old one which needs a bath.

Purina Total Care Cuddle Cow 1 each381296.jpg

Kit
1 hour ago, steel said:

Provera is Def impacting bg numbers.  last night a random check before dinner was 7.8. I'm usually at 5 something at most 6. No change in diet. Fasting this morning is up again 6.5/117. I ve been feeling so hot and uncomfortable, feel hungry or thirsty randomly.  bg isn't high enough to be causing it. It's listed among the side effects, and if I didn't have diabetes I'd be okay with it but the added stress of seeing higher blood sugars is annoying me. Takes so much work to get numbers down and  one birth control pill to make them go haywire. I am taking it to regulate my periods and can't wait to get off it.

Hormones are so much fun (note sarcasm).  You have my sympathy.  I'm assuming this was to address the excessive bleeding you had?  If so, I think a few months of higher BG numbers is tolerable.  Frustrating as all heck, but tolerable given the alternative.  Just keep up on everything and realize that it may be some months before you will be able to see the results.

steel
41 minutes ago, Kit said:

Hormones are so much fun (note sarcasm).  You have my sympathy.  I'm assuming this was to address the excessive bleeding you had?  If so, I think a few months of higher BG numbers is tolerable.  Frustrating as all heck, but tolerable given the alternative.  Just keep up on everything and realize that it may be some months before you will be able to see the results.

Thank you! Yes indeed..it was to address the excessive bleeding. My thought process was also..like okay the alternative is more harmful and severe. With the meds, it'll take a bit of mental adjustment and more patience and understanding on my part towards my own body. Hoping not too much damage will be done (half joking hehe I imagine it'd be negligible compared to the damage being done from my numbers post diagnosis..even the higher numbers now are not as bad as the numbers I had before diagnosis ). Going to try to see it as a bump in the road. :)
p.s. I stuck my head out of the window in the cold in the middle of the night because I suddenly felt very hot like my face was burning up. Hormones sure are fun! :ph34r:

Kit
1 hour ago, steel said:

p.s. I stuck my head out of the window in the cold in the middle of the night because I suddenly felt very hot like my face was burning up. Hormones sure are fun! :ph34r:

I've been known to be outside in below freezing weather with nothing more than a t-shirt and pair of jeans.  Thankfully they don't last too long, but the frequency can be killer.  Sometimes it might just be a few times a day.  Sometimes I might get a dozen or more an hour.  Those are the nights I don't sleep at all.  Hopefully that will all calm down once your hormone levels stabilize.