Diabetes forums
adiantum

2018 Morning FBG tests

meyery2k

83.  Good start since Thanksgiving is a day I relax the diet a little.  I plan to indulge in a little cheesecake today.

Happy Thanksgiving.  I am thankful for many things.  My DF friends especially.  You have all helped me so much with diabetes and helped me acheive things I never thought possible.

ran23

104 today.   Pouring rains soon.  for a few days.  Best Wishes to All

ran23
2 hours ago, janice21475 said:

I believe the steel belts in the tires ruined their plans.

I remember they did end on on playgrounds (school yards). 

meyery2k

If you ride through a tire that has blown out it is 50/50 you will end up with a flat tire on a bike.  Those little steel threads are vicious and hard to find when repairing the flat!  They can even get through puncture resistant tires.

adiantum

I was never very good  in checking tyres regularly, but when I'd hear the bang,bang,bang... as I was driving along, I soon realised it was the steel belt.

Sometimes there was just too much going on in life  for a girl to be checking things like tyres.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Hammer
41 minutes ago, adiantum said:

I was never very good  in checking tyres regularly, but when I'd hear the bang,bang,bang... as I was driving along, I soon realised it was the steel belt.

Sometimes there was just too much going on in life  for a girl to be checking things like tyres.

Happy Thanksgiving.

When I was younger, I had to save up to buy tires, then once I had the money,  I'd hold off on buying tires until my tires were so bald that I could see the air in them.:lol:

Hammer
8 hours ago, Diana_CT said:

A cold north wind is blowing... 14F (-10C) at 20mph (32kph). It isn't supposed to get out of the teens today making this Thanksgiving the coldest on record.

It's an usually cold November day here also.  Tonight, it's supposed to drop down to 14°F (-10°C) with 10 mph (16 k/h) winds.  Those temperatures are usually found in January and February where I live, not November, but I love it!:)

steel

i had a steroid injection  today (for a scar). it's said to raise BG for a day or two. oh man...a girl better not see double digits or something  tomorrow morning. :blink: will report back soon. i m also required to take a diabetes education class lol. i can better educate the dietician. will let you know the fbg and diabetes education experience tomorrow.

steel

8.3 right now after a very low carb dinner. hopefully fasting will be lower.

steel

If there's a god, now was the time to show it. :lol:

OK. .ok seriously i am relieved to see the bg is coming down and that I didn't get the shock of seeing double digits this morning. I have to get ready for diabetes education class. :ph34r:

Kit

93 for me.

Dinner turned out really well.  The cheesy broccoli cauliflower rice was really good.  I used that Kerigold Skelig cheddar cheese,  OMG that stuff is so good.

Next time I plan on playing with some different cheeses and seasonings.  Should be able to get a a good range of different flavors with some minor tweaks.

adiantum

Its 6:30 Saturday..Ive brushed my hair &  made coffee but  a little more sleep would be nice

steel

Diabetes education class was good,but  not so much for the education but the hilarious diabetics in attendance. We laughed a lot, learnt a few things (because I went in knowing a fair bit) and I asked questions, challenged the educators on target blood sugars and tried to emphasize the need for post prandial testing. The best part..I got a free new glucose meter and the accu chek softlix which was on my amazon wishlist! The microlet was THE worst. It hurt so much, and I had a very hard time getting a drop of blood even after the nearly heart stopping :lol: prick. I hated it. The Softclix? Better by leaps and bounds. I can barely feel the prick and a nice blob of blood comes out. Makes testing so much better and easier.

BG  in class was 7.5, after a lunch of curried lamb and 1/4th cup of rice, it was 8.1. Two more hours later, it was down to 6.4. So it's trending back down. I am hoping for a fasting in the 6s tomorrow.  We'll see. Steroids are awful.

Edited by steel

steel
3 hours ago, Fraser said:

Have you checked to see what your BG would be without the rice?

Yup I did extensive testing every hour for 5-6 hours after eating rice, fasting the next day, regular testing 4 times a day the next day.  I've tried this twice, same result. I was at 6.8 @ 1 hour pp and 6.2 @ 2 hours pp.   A quarter cup of rice doesn't spike me.  But insulin sensitivity reduces when on steroids. 7.5 to 8.1 is an 11ish point increase, within the 20 point target.

But yeah I had a creamy ham hock and cauliflower soup (a cup) last night and was at 8.3 after two hours. I had the same meal tonight and was 7, still high but better than yesterday. Hoping to see better numbers tomorrow.

Edited by steel

Hammer

A 47 (2.60) for me today.  I couldn't sleep because of an incessant cough that is making me cough my butt off, so I got up early today....well, early for me.  I usually go to bed around this time, not get up.:)