Diabetes forums
adiantum

2018 Morning FBG tests

Fraser
9 hours ago, steel said:

Yup I did extensive testing every hour for 5-6 hours after eating rice, fasting the next day, regular testing 4 times a day the next day.  I've tried this twice, same result. I was at 6.8 @ 1 hour pp and 6.2 @ 2 hours pp.   A quarter cup of rice doesn't spike me.

If you could patented your way to be able to eat rice, you could make a lot.  )

Fraser

102 this morning,  No smoke any more, just back to the normal fog in the morning. 

Fog is a lot more enjoyable. 

steel

@Fraser
i think the key is the small portion. It's barely a few teaspoons . I can eat half a baked potato without spiking but that was for experimental purposes lol. I eat a very small amount of potatoes once in a while. I am loving celeriac and radishes.  gotta try rutabaga next.

@ran23

I lost 12 pounds!!

Edited by steel

adiantum

Missing @Ahnanimus , she could tell me if this is really a choose to wash walls day.

She would also understand me keeping that "Marshmallow" fragrant room spray  I'd bought for a friend's xmas gift.

I dont know where they come up with these names as marshmallows never smelt like this.

FunDad62

Dreary Monday after being off for 5 days.  Had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at my friends house with mom and about 20 other folks.

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was 115.

More rain tonight, just about every other day we had rain. It could be worst, it could be snow!

adiantum

I'm putting cashews on my shopping list thanks to lots of cramps last few nights.

I was greeted with the most gorgeous perfume from these roses this morning...

2 hours ago, ran23 said:

114, time to get rid of the cashews.  

5bfc49e9e7a0b_enamel003.thumb.JPG.77524767970550a4522c25e0d69783d9.JPG

Hammer

A 104 (5.77) today.  These readings over 100 (5.55)  are making me mad.  If tomorrow's reading is 90 (5.0) or higher, I'll increase my nightly Lantus dose.

steel

meh 6.4 this morning.

really disappointed in my GP. prescribed me an awful drug like Jardiance to "lose weight". had zero compassion for all the suffering i've been through recently. said the white matter lesions on my brain MRI were not from migraines, even though migraines were listed as a cause in the report.

i was prescribed jardiance... that causes the kidneys to excrete more glucose and accelerates kidney damage, has caused Type 2s to end up in DKA, increases heart disease and stroke risk and what not. really? i am only 30, and i am getting prescribed meds  to accelerate my decline. not that it's okay for anyone at any age. it's an expensive drug too. i wonder how much doctors get from sales reps for pushing these harmful drugs on diabetics. i am just very upset at the callousness of doctors.

i am so glad i came across Jardiance when i read Jenny Ruhl's Blood Sugar 101 multiple times. the second the doctor brought up jardiance, i knew it was bad news. diabetics that don't have access to online resources, like some of the elders i see at the clinic who don't speak english very well, are prescribed these and worse drugs all the time and have to take them. this is not okay.