Diabetes forums
adiantum

2018 Morning FBG tests

Hammer

A 94 (5.22) for me today.  I'll need to again increase my nightly Lantus dose by another unit tonight.

Kit
5 hours ago, steel said:

I did a 4 mile walk with Leslie Sansone last evening, was hoping for a lower number. :wacko: :ph34r:

Think of it this way.

You hit 5.5 once.  You can do it again.  :)

steel
3 hours ago, Kit said:

Think of it this way.

You hit 5.5 once.  You can do it again.  :)

yes :)

the weird part is not knowing which variable led to the higher number, when the diet was constant and only thing different was a longer walking session. but i guess such are the joys of diabetes. :lol: it does help to know that if i can see that number once..i will definitely see it again. as i was charting my BG readings for the past two months, i noticed i hadn't hit any 8s barring the two readings after my steroid injections. i had a couple of readings in the 7s, most numbers were in the low to mid 6s with a few 5s. i definitely hadn't hit any of the 9s, 10s and the two 11s, from the first week after diagnosis, from eating wheat roti. that scared the heck out of me. it was nice to see some progress on a graph. :wub:

@ran23

she's pretty good (a bit annoying..though at times:P). i think it's a great way to get some walking in. it's so embarrassing, but after i came home from the hospital, i'd get tired walking on the spot for 5 minutes and my back and legs would hurt. i swear..it felt like i'd never get back to being "normal". i knew it'd get better, but i had never before felt such crushing fatigue in my life. now i can walk for 20 minutes outside and did 50 minutes with leslie today at home. it was a bit much for right now, so i'll get back down to 30ish for a few days and then add miles. leslie is going to help me build back up to when i did full insanity workouts with very few modifications. :)

Edited by steel

Diana_CT

102 this morning. 

Last night I was teaching a class substituting for a professor at a local university when a puff of smoke came out of my laptop and the projector screen when blank... PANIC. 

The video HDMI card on my laptop must have gone bad, so I made it through the class by having the students follow along on the pdf of the PowerPoint that I sent the professor earlier in the day and when I got to the video on the PowerPoint in the presentation one of the women in the class turned up the sound on her computer and the class watched it on their computers.
Able to handle adverse situations... Check.

FunDad62

Good numbers all week.  Lost a couple of pounds.  It's Friday.  And I just met a lady in the elevator I've been wanting to run in to and meet for months.

Life is good.  For now.

Kit
44 minutes ago, ran23 said:

110 today.   luv my Melatonin.

Melatonin doesn't do diddly for me.  I still wake up a couple times an hour feeling like someone teleported me to the surface of the sun.

adiantum

The only times Ive not slept well was years ago when taking Panadeine Forte.

It was hard to get to sleep & I'd wake a few hours later.

or, if I'd had too much to drink. There was no problem in falling asleep but I'd wake at 2 or 3 am  & couldnt get back to sleep.

Without those influences, I fall asleep within one minute of hitting the pillow & sleep solid for at least 7 hours .

That is unless I dream of going to the bathroom. That wakes me in an urgent rush to get up & run.

Those dreams are so vivid ,it's a wonder a girl doesnt have an accident.