Diabetes forums
adiantum

2018 Morning FBG tests

Kit

The issue isn't relaxing.  The issue is being woken up many times a night feeling like I have been engulfed by an inferno and the temp in the room has gone from low 60s to about 10,000 degrees.  I literally feel like my skin is burning and just at the edge of being painful.

And no, I have yet to find a doctor who is willing to make any effort to help.

Hot flashes are not fun and are much less fun at night since they mean I'm rarely asleep for more than 30 minutes before waking up again.

Edited by Kit

ran23

Hot flashes on a Winter night, is one way to look at things. I realize Hot Flashes can be disturbing when it interrupted the sleep.  I find Melatonin does help to keep you asleep.   

FunDad62

Donating blood at noon today.  Supposed to rain all day too. But at least it's Saturday and I'm not at work. :)

Kit

90 here

So tired

Melatonin does absolutely nothing for me. Never has.  It is strong physical discomfort which walks me up multiple times an hour all bloody night. 

At least it's not accompanied with sweats. 

Edited by Kit

adiantum

I can sleep through the hot flushes even though I throw the doona/duvet  etc aside.

What I cant sleep through, is if that discarded duvet has covered the dog or one of his toys & he has the need to dig his way out.

Dave_KC
2 hours ago, adiantum said:

What I cant sleep through, is if that discarded duvet has covered the dog or one of his toys & he has the need to dig his way out.

Don't dogs create all kinds of fun in our lives!  

adiantum

You are so right  @Dave_KC and I think I'll be laughing during the day at his antics of  last night.

He woke me by trying to shove one of his toy horses in my mouth!!

It tasted terrible & smelt bad

I dont know what brought that on as he doesnt like me to even touch his toys.

He has 6 small horses & keeps 5 herded  up against a pillow  with a ball & one that he sucks at night.

If  I  touch the herd, he has to huff & puff & nudge each one. I'm not sure if he's counting them or calling them by name saying he'll protect them.

Ive not had a male dog before, always females & they seem to come with velcro & stick to me all day.

The boy is so different. He can detach the velcro to become an adventurer & has me in fits of giggles during the day.

22 hours ago, Dave_KC said:

Don't dogs create all kinds of fun in our lives!  

Hammer

An 81 (4.5) for me today.

Kit, for your sleeping discomfort, I'm thinking maybe whiskey (or other distilled spirits) as a solution?:)  The only down side is that, all alcohol is a depressant at first, then hours later, it becomes a stimulant as your body tries to filter it out of your system, but at least, until it becomes a stimulant, you might be able to get some sleep.

Dave_KC
5 hours ago, adiantum said:

Ive not had a male dog before, always females & they seem to come with velcro & stick to me all day.

The boy is so different. He can detach the velcro to become an adventurer & has me in fits of giggles during the day.

Mine is a Morkie (Yorkie Maltese mix) and honestly he's my shadow.  Anywhere I am, he needs to be.  

22096236_10212743946447664_4143940107890923878_o.jpg