Diabetes forums
adiantum

2018 Morning FBG tests

adiantum

This is Goldilocks weather.. not too hot and not too cold..................

It's just right at 19C / 66 F at 5am 

Edited by adiantum

steel

found a good family doctor :)

walked 7 blocks and 7 blocks back plus 3 more blocks home... there was mild shortness of breath but considering i couldn't walk across a room without shortness of breath and would need to actually stop to catch my breath just a few days back....this is progress. i am going out to eat tonight. a close friend got promoted. i couldn't have imagined going out of my house a few days back, because i couldn't walk more than a few steps. it's so great to have some semblance of normalcy return to my life, even if i have a long way to go.

thank you guys for listening and being there for me. i'll provide updates over time.

ran23

I picked my Doctor a few blocks away so I could walk and help bring down my BP.    helped.  

adiantum

I'm ever so happy for you @steel with such an improvement.

Was it the antihistamine that's given you relief or something else?

Ran I'd try that but the local one lacks personal hygiene .

I would've assumed all doctors would be extremely clean but I know of two that are not.

Years ago, I mentioned it to the manager of the medical centre as she seemed to have a close bond with the grubby doctor.

She agreed but said the doctor had D so  wasnt taking care of herself.

Theres a lot going on in this world that just shouldnt be.That doctor should be sacked or maybe she has, as Ive not been back to know .

steel

trying again sorry @ran23

my old gp was within walking distance, and so is this one. love the opportunity to walk a couple of blocks.

p.s. i did a random BG check this evening and was at 4.8. i almost fell out of my chair! i was like no way this cant be...then i washed my hand and checked again..4.9. i was like no way. then since i have two meters i checked on my other  meter...4.8. first EVER BG in the 4s!

4.8 is an 86! like whoa like this is so cool! :wub:

Edited by steel

ran23

thought I would check now--97 / 5.3. better for me.      I was snacking on an egg, nori, and cheese earlier. (3 hours after dinner).

steel

5.6  this morning

I think bc I walked a lot yesterday I was more insulin sensitive. I had half a cup of rice instead of 1/4th. I had duck meatballs curry goat and paneer cake topped with rabbit. I had a small cracker à fritter and half a gulab Jamun.  so I think about 50 grams of carbs.  that's the most I have had fir a meal since I started testing. It's a famous restaurant and I only go once in several months.  and I wanted to see what would happen. 

I didn't totally splurge though.  I had black tea minus dairy or sugar. I skipped an entre that had sugar added. Ate half the rice ..gauged correctly it was half a cup that I ate. I didn't even touch the Naan. 

So I was likedamn ...lol

But Bg After one hour was 6.3. After 2 hours was 6. Was stuck at 6 for another hour and before bed was 5.9. There was a plateau and a small drop.  however the numbers themselves were well within my targets. They also didn't go very high. . So keto and weight loss have improved my insulin sensitivity.  these treats will still be for special occasions only and not frequently indulged. But I have numerical proof that I am in fact processing carbs better than when I had just started the t2 journey. I thought fasting might be high but it was fine.

Edited by steel

Kit

101 here.  Was too tired to really feed myself last night, exercise, or any of my usual.  Plus side, I did manage to get a little over 5 hours of continuous sleep last night so I actually feel semi human.  Was slurring my speech yesterday at work.

@steel See?  You are making more and more progress and doing a great job given everything you have been going through recently.

I'm so glad the antihistamine is working for you.  I wonder if you might be having a reaction to one of the new meds you are on.  Hope your new doctor is more helpful.

meyery2k

91 today.

@steel - I have noticed that I am still insulin resistant.  As long as I ride my bike (or other exercise) and eat mostly right, then it is not much of a factor.  I have found I can eat some potatoes,yams, tomatos, and even a little popcorn without much effect.  Small quantities are the key.

Once in a great while I will splurge and have cheesecake.  I just love a good cheesecake.  Again, it does not hit me too badly as long as it is a small quantity. I used to think it was too small to be worth it but I have now come to realize that it is probably the right amount for anybody :)

Some days when I ride, there is a fish and chip shop that I will stop and have lunch at.  It is 17 miles away.  I have found that after 2 hours, I have burned off the glucose.  Yes, to me anyways, it is worth a 17 mile bike ride somewhat uphill to get fish and chips. 

adiantum

I love fish n chips but wow..I couldn't ride 17 miles for such a feast.

I always got 2 pieces of fish instead of having chips...but still called it fish n chips.

ran23

A real surprise, 103 today.   Then hung out at the Mall and eating 'spring roles' (almost Lumpia).  

adiantum

The Mall has a different atmosphere now the holidays are here.. people are actually happy.

Their bags & trolleys are heavily laden  & bold rolls of gist wrap or sparkles are protruding from their supplies.

I love to sit back with a coffee & absorb the atmosphere.

16 minutes ago, ran23 said:

Then hung out at the Mall and eating 'spring roles' (almost Lumpia).  

meyery2k
6 hours ago, adiantum said:

I love fish n chips but wow..I couldn't ride 17 miles for such a feast.

Lee - The kicker is that I then have to ride 17 miles to get home after the feast.  It is a little more downhill than up though lol...