Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2018 Morning FBG tests

meyery2k

86 this morning.  Gail's mom is still in the hospital.  They moved her to ICU last night because her BP kept dropping then rising.  No idea what is wrong though.  Very frustrating.

Hammer

A 113 (6.27) today.  I erred on the side of caution last night, and took less insulin than I figured I'd need before I ate, with the idea that I'd take a second corrective shot, if after I ate and checked my BG levels and found them to be too high.  Unfortunately, I fell asleep in front of the computer, and ended up just going to bed, so I didn't check my BG reading and take the corrective insulin shot before bed, hence the higher than my usual wake up reading.

steel

97ish

i think it's the metformin. it's helped my post meal numbers too. i have a better second phase insulin response, because i am probably using the insulin more efficiently.

i had pizza toppings last night  (completely skipped the crust..and didn't miss it) and had the traditional wings, which aren't breaded, in buffalo sauce. there were mixed reports online..some places said these bone in wings at pizza hut are 0 carb..others said..they have 5 grams each. well i was hungry and didn't notice any breading on the wings, so ate 5 of them. it didn't affect my BG (i checked for a few hours). i am assuming they likely weren't 5 grams of carbs each. i can handle 25 grams of carbs in a meal okay, but my number goes up to 6.4ish 1 hour pp (115) and comes back down. i stayed in the 5s, so the meal was closer to 5 grams of carbs overall if that.

Edited by steel

adiantum

Ooops, I almost forgot to test.

6.4  & thats after half a bowl of my usual breakfast .
Times have changed.. for many  years I'd start the day with Weet-Bix  &/or Vegemite on toast,

now it's a bowl of brussels sprouts & extra virgin oil & black coffee

meyery2k

Was 93 yesterday too.  We had a good rehearsal last night.  Tonight is our final rehearsal.

Gail's Mom had to be put on a ventilator Tuesday night.  She is a bit improved today though.  I am hoping the trend continues.