Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2018 Morning FBG tests

FunDad62

Guess I forgot to post this morning.  Been sick with a stomach virus since waking up. All I've had so far today is a Nutrigrain bar and two pieces of toast.

adiantum

I also forgot to post my 7.3 

perhaps I was all excited because Santa Claus comes tonight. 

meyery2k

97 this morning.  We had a great final performance yesterday.  Auntie Diane made her world class chocolate torte so , from the POV of diabetes, I was "naughty".

Kit

On this Monday I had vowed that I wouldn't get out of bed until my bladder gave me no other choice.  Finally crawled our about 30 minutes ago, or right before noon.

112.  I'm assuming a serious liver dump.  I think . . . breakfast for lunch.  :D

steel

93ish

now that my diet is pretty consistent, i m thinking of saving test strips and not testing quite as often. fasting numbers are also trending in the 5s and some 4s..i might skip 3-4 days of testing unless there's a change in diet or health or something.

adiantum

Ran, did that mean she died before lunch?

2 hours ago, ran23 said:

Wife set up a nice repast for a 92 yr old neighbor, she didn't make it.   nice lunch, hate to test.  

Steel, you have done so  well, I hope you give yourself a hug.

Hammer
7 hours ago, meyery2k said:

Everything in our house gets decorated...

The drunkcle wig gets repurposed...

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and sunglasses

Mike, are you feeling okay?  You're not dizzy are you, I mean, in the picture, you look light headed...:D

steel

thank you @adiantum can't think of a better christmas gift right now than good blood sugar numbers :) here's to almost three months of t2d living. wishing for a good 20, 30, 40, 50 years :D

FunDad62

Merry Christmas everyone!  I feel better this morning thank goodness.  I can't imagine feeling any worse than I have the past two days.

steel

84ish this morning.  I was hoping I'd have a good fasting number today as well since it's a happy day. Glad I got my wish :lol:

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

Hammer
2 minutes ago, steel said:

Hammer, hope you are feeling better. :mellow: That must have been quite uncomfortable.

Steel, when my BG levels drop too low, I just feel the normal sensations....I feel hot, I start to sweat, I start to shake, my legs feel weak, my vision gets a bit strange, and my tongue starts to get numb, but I am accustomed to those sensations, and I know that I am going low, so I test, see what my BG levels are, then take steps to correct it.  I have been in the 40's many times....I have been in the 30's three times, and I have been in the 20's two times, and, while it is a bit uncomfortable, it's not that big of a deal for me.  I typically just eat some glucose tablets and I am fine.

Kit
22 hours ago, steel said:

93ish

now that my diet is pretty consistent, i m thinking of saving test strips and not testing quite as often. fasting numbers are also trending in the 5s and some 4s..i might skip 3-4 days of testing unless there's a change in diet or health or something.

Anymore I test 3 times a day.  I do mornings every day, mostly because its my most frustrating and also because participating in this thread helps make sure I can't ignore D.  Then I test before and after one meal a day.  If its breakfast I'm testing before and after, I'll either only test twice or maybe at another random part of the day.

meyery2k

89 this Christmas day.  I was up at 5.  Weather was supposed to be rainy but it was clear.  Got fully awake and on the bike.  Finished up 10ish or so.  Within 30 minutes of finish the rain started in earnest.  Glad for the early start!  Kala and Nick are doing dinner so I get to pretty much relax.  I feel a little left out lol but they want to do this and I have to concede.  Looks like a nice roast beef with all the sides they like and the ones I like.

adiantum

Diana, they were great.

It's Boxing Day here, which is my favourite day of all .

It's a public holiday , cricket is on tv all day & theres lots of yummy left overs.

What more could a girl want :D

meyery2k

Oh yeah!  This is the 3rd anniversary that Bella, our calico cat found us.  I did not anticipate, or even want, another cat.  Joy (also a calico) passed away earlier that year and I thought one cat (Tigger) was enough.  

She was crying and purring in front of our door early Christmas morning.  Just a poor little obviously pregnant little waif.  Skinny as a board too.  It was Christmas so I let her in to eat, expecting she would leave.  She didn't much to all of our happiness.

Calicos are considered lucky in many cultures.  Shortly after she came to us, I discovered I had diabetes.  This, in turn, was the catalyst to remake myself and Bella was there every step of the way.  In fact she is lying in front of the keyboard purring and being a roly-poly right now.

She looks and acts so much like Joy, that Kala is convinced that Joy was not ready to leave us and came back.  I am almost convinced this could be the case.

Image may contain: cat and indoor

ran23

For so many years I was depressed around the holidays.  Not after reading these threads.  Hugs all.   chocolate and wine helps.