Diabetes forums
adiantum

2018 Morning FBG tests

BookwormBetty

126 this morning immediately followed by 135 - same drop of blood. I don't think it matters if a retest is the same drop or a new one; it'll never be identical.

Kit

101 here.

I know what caused this.  Went out for a late dinner last night.  I ordered what sounded like a safe steak salad.  It came with a bazillion potato skins not mentioned in the menu..  I picked as much out as I could, but there were still some bits I missed.  Was higher than I like after dinner.

Walked out of the door this morning.  42 degree in t-shirt, shorts, and sandals.  We're supposed to be in the high 60s today with a good chance of hitting 70.

Tomorrow back into the 50s and rain.

Edited by Kit

Hammer

A 71 (3.94) on the Bayer meter, and an 84 (4.67) on the Fora meter.  I think that I'm going to just throw this Fora meter and all of it's test strips in the trash, just like I did with the Prodigy Pocket meter.  I have no use for it, since it's too inaccurate.

adiantum

8... because I ate an apple turnover last night.

I'd not had one in over ten years and it was better then I remembered.

Ahnanimus

103 this morning. Absolutely no sleep last night. Why? I have no idea. Think I need to make sure this moody Monday is just a glitch in the great week ahead.

Have a good one guys!

Diana_CT

114 this morning as we prepare for our third Nor'easter in two weeks. This one is a little farther offshore than the other ones so it is not going to be as bad as the others, Cape Cod and Boston are going to get the brunt of the storm. 

Kit

Coworker made me that peanut butter bread and brought it into work today.  Having a couple thin slices this morning with my tea.

Its not bad.  Doesn't taste as much like peanut butter as I imagined.  Not eggy at all   Texture very similar to quick breads. Good with butter.  Even better with a very thin slice of Kerrygold cheese as well.  :)

Edited by Kit

Hammer

A 79 (4.39) for me today.

Yesterday, I took my 2006 VW Beetle in to the dealer to have them replace the glove box door, since the latch on it broke off of the door.  Two weeks ago, when I took the car in, the dealer saw that the glove box door needed to be replaced, so they ordered the door.  The cost of the glove box door including the installation, is going to be $541.:wacko:.  I thought that was ridiculous, but I need to be able to get into my glove box, so I told them to go ahead and order the door.  When I was there yesterday, I sat in the waiting room for several hours, before the assistant service manager came out and told me that the "new" glove box door, appeared to have been used by someone.  When the mechanic took the door out of the new looking box, he noticed scratches on it, as if someone tried to install it, then put it back in the box.  He said that there was no way that he would install a used door, when the customer was paying for a new door, so he was going to send it back and get another one.  The assistant service manager apologized and said that she would give me a loaner car to use until my car was fixed.  I then found out why the glove box and installation were so expensive.  The reason that they gave me a loaner car, was because to replace the glove box door, they had to remove the entire dashboard, and rather than try to put the dashboard back in place, it was better to just leave it removed, and give me a loaner car. (a 2018 VW Jetta.)

meyery2k

@Hammer - I swear they design things to not be worked on.  My daughter's friend has a car that I suspect has a bad themrostat but you have to tear down the throttle and intake to get to the assembly that has the thermostat in it.  It is then extremely difficult to get to one of the bolts that hold everything in place.

adiantum

8 again .. I assume its still that pastry I ate the day before.... or is it because today is Pi Day

Hammer
12 minutes ago, meyery2k said:

@Hammer - I swear they design things to not be worked on.  My daughter's friend has a car that I suspect has a bad themrostat but you have to tear down the throttle and intake to get to the assembly that has the thermostat in it.  It is then extremely difficult to get to one of the bolts that hold everything in place.

Yes, I agree Mike.  You should see what you have to do to replace a headlight bulb in this Beetle.  Years ago, you just removed the four screws that held in the chrome ring that surrounded the headlight, you took off the chrome ring and the headlight would practically fall out.  You just disconnected the wiring harness from the light bulb, then connected the harness to the new light bulb, put it back into the car, placed the chrome ring in place, and replaced the four screws that held in the chrome ring.

The Beetle?  You have to open the hood, you need an extra long socket extension connected to a tiny socket, then you need to use a flashlight to try and find the tiny six sided release mechanism.  Once you find the mechanism, you need to turn it one half of a turn.  Once you've done that, you have to use some type of long, thin thing (I used the 12 inch metal rule from a tri-square), and you need to use the flashlight to find a metal lever that you need to push down on.  Once you find the lever, you need to push down on it, while trying to pull out the headlight assembly.  I tried this numerous times, and I gave up and took it to the dealer to let them do it.  It wasn't worth the aggravation...

Ahnanimus

94 today.  @Kit. I've never heard of peanut butter bread, so I googled it and found several recipes, it's quite interesting. I think I'll try it soon. 

Kit
1 hour ago, Ahnanimus said:

94 today.  @Kit. I've never heard of peanut butter bread, so I googled it and found several recipes, it's quite interesting. I think I'll try it soon. 

This is what my coworker did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYw7_1lxk8Y

She left out the salt because the peanut butter was salted.  She also left out the sweetener on my request.  Don't do this.  She said she's going to make it again with those changes.  Not that it was bad without, but it was missing something.

Oh, and I would slightly under cook it.

Edited by Kit