Diabetes forums
adiantum

2018 Morning FBG tests

Kit

Still higher than I like but better than u was. 

Anyone have suggestions for a rather bad sore throat that isn't full of sugar /carbs? 

I finally get to go home tosh. Yay. 

Edited by Kit

Java

kit ~ maybe gargle with warm salt water followed by a shot of whiskey?

i hope you feel better soon ~ you sure have been through the wringer

Diana_CT

On this morning when the temperature is not expected to get out of the single numbers (less than -12C) my reading was in the double digit a 95

carfree

97 this morning.  Tomorrow temp might get above freezing!  It's been under freezing for 19 days so this will be so welcome.

Kit, you might try herbal tea or ice?  I've used Herb Pharmacy throat spray but it's not too great and has some alcohol in it. 

Kit
2 hours ago, Java said:

kit ~ maybe gargle with warm salt water followed by a shot of whiskey?

i hope you feel better soon ~ you sure have been through the wringer

The very smell of alcohol or smallest taste of salt makes me feel like hurling

janice21475
23 hours ago, adiantum said:

I cant work the ALT0176 either

Are you holding the ALT  down while entering the 0176? I believe that is the trick. Of course, it is not working for me, but I am running Linux. Maybe I am not holding my tongue right?? (That is what my Grandmother used to tell me when something didn't work for me, "You aren't holding your tongue right!" Then I would try more times with my tongue in different positions. She had fun playing with my mind. Now those 'suggestions' keep popping up and I miss her so. She was a fun lady.

adiantum

It was a rum & coke party at 1am trying to stay cool.

Counting the days till this season ends. While Diana is  freezing at -12C , I  will be  roasting again today  at 43C /109.4F.

I just hope the dogs dont scratch me enough to break the skin, or I might spit fat like sausages on a BBQ.

Edited by adiantum

Kit
3 hours ago, janice21475 said:

Are you holding the ALT  down while entering the 0176? I believe that is the trick. Of course, it is not working for me, but I am running Linux. Maybe I am not holding my tongue right?? (That is what my Grandmother used to tell me when something didn't work for me, "You aren't holding your tongue right!" Then I would try more times with my tongue in different positions. She had fun playing with my mind. Now those 'suggestions' keep popping up and I miss her so. She was a fun lady.

You also have to use the num pad on your keyboard, not the numbers above the letters. 

Clint, I'm look around once I get into Dallas and see what I can find. 

Edited by Kit

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was 101.

Still better cold... -4F (-20C) but they are forecasting that by Thursday it will be up in the 50s (10 to 15C)

Sprockets

113 for me.  Not happy about it.  Definately binged on some dessert last night and had 4 glasses of wine.  Seems as if I'm more sensative to it lately.

BookwormBetty

110 this morning. We're out of single digit temps at 13 F. Heat wave! (We've actually been there for several days but not first thing in the morning.)

Fraser

50F

it is 5:30 am and getting ready to leave for my first run this year.  I think this is suppose to be fun!  

The Hot Chocolate Run SF, they Give you candy at pit stops. I pass by those

its only a 5k but a large crowd,( maybe I will shoot for the 15 k next year) kind of a goofy way to start the running season.

i am like Peter Pan, I will never grow up!

Edited by Fraser

Java

my first day testing since back from our 2 week vacation and i scored a 70

today is mine & the hubster's 24th anniversary ~ where does the time go??

macksvicky

96 this morning. House work today, supposed to get a bunch of freezing rain this afternoon. 

Happy anniversary Java and Mr. Java :)

Edited by macksvicky

Hammer

It looks like I forgot to post yesterday (Saturday), so for Saturday, it was an 83 (4.61) on the Bayer meter, and a 101 (5.61) on the Fora meter.  Today, Sunday, it was a 76 (4.22) on the Bayer meter, and a 95 (5.28) on the Fora meter.  It looks like the Fora meter is going to be going the way that the Prodigy Pocket meter went....in the trash can with all of it's boxes of test strips....it's a totally inaccurate piece of junk.

Edited by Hammer

Kit

Throat hurts, sinuses hurt. Hoping I don't need to go to urgent care 

Which will be difficult anyway. Came home last night to discover I have a very very very dead car battery. I must have popped the trunk when I was leaving last Sunday and didn't realize it. Not open enough to be obvious, but enough to turn on the trunk light. And it sat like that for a week. 

I see AAA in my future for today.