Diabetes forums
adiantum

2018 Morning FBG tests

Ahnanimus

111 and I'm not surprised, the fried plantains at lunch called me. They whispered my name seductively until I gave in!

Happy DF anniversary, Adiantum ūüéČ

adiantum

Thank you Ahnanimus. Ive not heard of fried plantains before & will try them next time a bunch is ready to cut down, which will possible be in about 4 weeks.

I recently gave a bunch of about 150 bananas so might keep some from the next bunch.

Fraser

While dinning at a Peruvian resturant in SF

i ordered a dish that the first layer was fried plantain second layer pan fried scallops,both on a bed of quinoa. Each stack was crowned with a loop of cured ham. 

Really wonderful one hour after start of dinner BG was under 110. Great success.

note I tolerate quinoa well. The serving was three separate stacks.  I also shared a sampler plate with my other guests,.  Avoided any hint of sugary sauces.  

Food choice recommended by the waiter after I explained my carb limitations. 

meyery2k

I have been very reluctant to try quinoa because of the carb count.  Strange how not all carbs are equal.  By the numbers, it would be insane to eat poi but I seem to handle it just fine.  I don't eat it all the time but once in a while as it is the perfect complement to fish or pork.

Fraser

It is really interest how different we all react to the same foods (carb counts)

i was diagnosed in the eat to your meter time, like 9 years ago. So if I have a question I eat first , read my meter  and then make my assesment 

But on the other side any thing near rice is a disaster. 

Which for me means gluten free food can be a problem. 

Edited by Fraser

meyery2k

Yeah rice and bread are killers to me.  Seems like the simpler the starch the worse for me.

Fraser

Yep understand that. 

but I still try food first before I ban it.  Unfortunately I ban more food than I keep. 

Such is life. 

Fraser

On the topic of bread, Bacon Bacon around the corner from me has been great including eating some bread. Well a couple of days ago it was a disaster. So I need to ask them if they have changed vendors or bread choices.  You know businesses change ingrediants and vendors

which means life is always interesting, 

Java

@janice21475 i think they are able to call it low carb due to the high fiber content and the whole "net carb" thing ~ 16 g carbs - 11 g fiber = a net carb count of 5

82 for me this morning

FunDad62

108 and I'm sick with a chest cold or something.  Coughing for 2 days, runny nose, sore throat.

I love quinoa.  And poi.  And fried plantains.  And ham.  And food.

BookwormBetty

115 this morning. (It was 99 at 11:00 last night.) I'm very blessed in that fiber doesn't seem to affect me. I've found I can even eat popcorn at the movies. So happy about that! Of course I don't go to the movies every day or even, usually, every week. If I did go as frequently as I'd like, I wouldn't have popcorn every time. I never have it at home anymore.

Got latest A1C results yesterday - 5.3. 

Ahnanimus

99 on an overcast Friday.

Congratulations on your A1C results BookwormBetty, that's great stuff!!ūüéÜ

Have an enjoyable weekend guys.

carfree

97 this morning.  Another cold one but so beautiful with the snow and crystals on the porch windows.

Hammer

A 79 (4.39) on the Bayer meter, and an 89 (4.94) on the Fora meter.¬† The weather here is weird.¬† It was 0¬įF (-17.7¬įC) last week, and right now, it's 69¬įF (20.55¬įC).¬† Tonight, it's going down to 29¬įF (-1.67¬įC), and Sunday, it's going down to 8¬įF (-13.3¬įC).:huh:

Hammer
4 hours ago, adiantum said:

7and saying " Hello Saturday"

Hammer it must feel like your in a heat wave at 20C..today is to be 40C here.

Lee, yes, it did feel like a heat wave.¬† I went into town today, and I didn't wear a jacket, just a tee shirt, jeans and tennis shoes, and when I got back home, I was beginning to sweat.¬† I turned off the heat in my basement family room, and turned on the portable dehumidifier that I run in that room in the summer months.¬† At least it's supposed to get down to 28¬įF (-2.2¬įC) late tonight.