Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ran23

Low dose Naltrexone

ran23

Is anyone taking this for general health or fighting something now??   It is derived from the Naltrexone used for drug and alcohol detoxification. It was discovered that low doze was helpful in auto-immune, lymphoma, pancreatic cancer, lupus, Chrohn's, rheumatoid arthritis.  I am a 63 yr old man asking.  thank you. 

JohnSchroeder

No, but I give it some credence.  My veterinarian suggested giving it to our dog.   Apparently, there is a lot of anecdotal evidence for it.

Fraser

I don't have any experience with it

But I prefer to to depend or healthy eating, low carb and exercise rather than a magical supplement. So far I have not had any negative side effects from living this way. 

Tam1116

I have used it several years ago to help with psoriatic arthritis. My insulin sensitivity seemed to be better while I was using it also. Would really like to use it again, if I can find a doctor willing to prescribe it. I ordered it online from out of the country back then, but it's gotten harder to acquire that way now. The only downside is if you regularly take any opiod medication for pain, it will not work while taking LDN. I also slept better while taking it. I found the name of a doctor about an hour away from me who prescribes it. Just need to see if the doctor is covered by my insurance. 

ran23

If you remember, what where you taking, 150mg, 200mg. ??  Did you have to go thru a Compounding Pharmacy??   I have have one here.   thank you

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.