Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sabha

type -2 foods

sabha

i have fasting sugar -139

after food(1.1/2 HRS ) -271

doctor rgiven Galvas Met 50mg/850mg  its ok or 

which type of food i have to eat PLEASE ADVOICE 

EVERYDAY I AM WALKING EVENING 7 HOURS

Fraser

Your type of food will be determined by your meter, the phrase ear to your meter is important as is eating less carbs,

dowling gram

You should cut down on carbohydrates--all grains, potatoes, most fruit except berries and of course sugar and sweets. Things you probably can eat are eggs, full fat cream, cheese, some yogurts, nuts, meat and most vegetables

Look up low carb high fat diets or keto diets on line and follow their guidelines. Since every diabetic is different we can't say for sure exactly what to eat or not eat. You have to find that out by using your glucometer to test the food you eat. Test before you eat to get a guideline. Test at 1 hour when it should be at it's highest and at 2 hours when it should be coming down close to your before reading. If it's not go over the carbs you ate and you'll find the culprit that is keeping it up and cut down on it or eliminate it from your diet. That's what we call eating to your meter. Learn to read labels and look up the nutrition of things

Once you know what you can eat you don't have to test as often. If you have more questions be sure to come back and ask away

meyery2k

sabha - Welcome and, yes, diet and exercise can greatly influence your glucose.  When I first found out I had diabetes, my fasting glucose was nearly 300.  With diet and exercise I can keep it below 100.  I have also been able to stop taking medication.

The first thing to consider is that carbohydrates are most readily broken down into glucose so not eating them can be very helpful.  Even people that use insulin counsel this because carbs start this roller coaster of highs and lows that are difficult to compensate for.

You might find keeping a log of what you eat and how many carbs you consume to be helpful as well.  Many of us here have managed to get our carbs down to 50g a day or less.

If you care to share your regular diet, we can likely help you figure out good substitutes for the starches.  There are many low carb recipes here.  You will not find a low carb diet to be boring at all.

sabha

Thanks for reply 

please inform which type of food i have to eat how control  

example

Vegitables &

fruits 

before i am eating always rice now fully control lunch only 

some friends told bitter gourd daily eat  i am following 

but i need seniors  advice also  

thanks 

Kit

Here's a few examples of the types of things I eat.

Breakfast - I might make a scramble with eggs, heavy cream, butter, spinach, mushrooms, peppers, or similar.

Or maybe a muffin made out of almond flour, coconut flour, and/or flax meal.  Sweetened with something like splenda or stevia.  Just search around for One Minute Muffin recipes to find lots of ideas.

Or egg salad with chopped celery and peppers.

Lunch today was a big salad (lettuce, cabbage, onions, cucumbers, peppers) with some left over pork chop from last night.

Or I might do half an avocado stuffed with chicken salad.

Tonight's dinner.  Stir fried zucchini noodles, carrots, mushrooms, peppers, cauliflower, and spinach with some ground pork.  Seasoned with lots of garlic, ginger, soy sauce, hot chili oil, sesame oil, salt, and pepper.

A few recipe sites which can be helpful.

http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/

https://www.ruled.me/keto-recipes/

http://www.wickedstuffed.com/category/keto-recipes/

I personally tend to aim towards simple and quick meals as I work full time+ and spend about three hours a day commuting between work and home.

If I eat out I tend to go for things like steak with a side salad and vegetables.  No potatoes, rice, bread, or similar.  Avoid lite dressings and aim for things like ranch, blue cheese, or oil and vinegar.  Vinaigrettes can be tricky unless you make them yourself since they often contain sugar.

The head boss was in town last week and took us out to eat for dinner on his last night.  I got a chicken and mushroom pesto sandwich without the bread and a side salad with ranch dressing.  Because I didn't have the bread, they gave me a larger portion of salad and I ate it all with a fork.  Instead of the beer that most of the others got, I ordered a small glass of red wine.

For Christmas dinner I had turkey with everyone else.  For my side I made a great big thing of cauliflower with mushrooms, onions, peppers, spinach, lots of garlic, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper.  (Kale also works wonderfully in place of the spinach.)  I made a gravy with drippings from the turkey simmered with heavy whipping cream.  It tasted wonderful and I was disappointed there wasn't much left over.

A few specific recipes I have enjoyed over the years

https://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/caprese-zucchini-noodle-pasta-salad/ - I also add in some chopped salami or similar

http://slimpalate.com/zucchini-fritters-paleo-grain-free-gluten-free/ - I use these as a side dish or in place of english muffins for Eggs benedict.  I passionately adore them.

https://www.ruled.me/crispy-skin-slow-roasted-pork-shoulder/ - I try to do something like this at least a couple times a month.  Gives a ton of leftover meat which makes future meals quick to throw together.  I love leftovers.

https://www.ruled.me/low-carb-sausage-and-pepper-soup/ - One of my favorite recipes, and I've never been a big soup person.  I normally serve it with these buscuits

http://nobunplease.com/zesty-cheddar-biscuits/ - I tend to halve the garlic powder the recipe calls for and have left it out completely if I want to do something like biscuits and gravy.  In all honestly, if you made them the right size, could use them as buns for sliders or similar.  With sauteed onions and swiss cheese.  Ok, I have an idea what I want to make myself this weekend.  :D

I've wanted to try this one, but just haven't had the energy with everything else going on in my life lately.

https://theprimitivepalate.com/2015/01/25/keto-garlic-gnocchi/

BTW - Welcome to the group.  Stick around, do some reading, especially in our recipe section.  There's a lot of great information here and people are happy to help any way they can.  :)

meyery2k

As explained earlier, you should try to reduce your carbohydrate intake.  Especially items like sugar, rice, pasta, bread, grains, and fruits.

I eat a moderate amount of quality protein such as beef, chicken, fish, or pork.  Generous quantities of above ground vegetable such as broccoli, zucchini, cauliflower, lettuce, kale, spinach.  Avocado on occasion.  Mushroms

I liberally use animal fat, butter, and olive oil.  The fats will help you feel full for longer.

Breakfast today was bacon, daikon (Japanese radish), mushrooms, and yellow squash fried in the bacon grease.  Eggs cooked in butter with cheese.  Almond milk, coffee, and cream.

Lunch was chicken wings, cauliflower, ranch dressing, and a no sugar added soft drink.

I think I will have almonds, cheese, and a salad for dinner.

No sugar added ice cream bar and coffee.

This diet sustains me well and there are plenty of other things to eat as well.

dowling gram

Here's what I ate yesterday

Breakfast--My version of porridge--1/4 cup almond meal

1/4 cup flax meal

2 teaspoons Splenda sweetener or to taste

Mix together and add-------------------a handful of blueberries

Add enough water to moisten all the ingredients and 2 tablespoons more. Microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds. Add full fat cream cut in half with water and enjoy.

Snack of Source yogurt

Lunch was home made chicken mushroom soup

Snack of a handful of roasted pecans

Dinner was Zucchini noodles with a bit of seafood sauce and shrimp

Snack of home made nut balls.

Some days breakfast can be a muffin in a mug or some other low carb baked goods or occasionally eggs.

Lunch can be any kind of low carb home made soup because I love soup or it could be a chefs salad or a mixture of cream cheese and flakes of ham served with home made low carb crackers or anything low carb that I can come up with.

Dinner is usually some kind of meat or fish and vegetables. My favorite is mashed cauliflower with cheese. There are lots of options if you look for them

meyery2k

Breakfast today was the bacon, eggs, daikon, almond milk, and coffee again lol...  I am going cycling and I can depend on this breakfast to carry me to lunch.  I mixed a little avocado into the daikon which I cooked with some yellow squash and mushrooms.  Seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, a little onion, and chili powder.  The bacon grease gives it a good flavor.  Perfectly full, finishing the last of my coffee, then in the saddle.

Lunch will either be a pork loin I have in the refrigerator or something on the road depending on the ride I take.

Dinner will be some of the pork loin mentioned above and vegetables.

I don't miss starches anymore.  Eventually, I found other comfort foods.  Particularly zucchini and cauliflower.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.