Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Diabetes

What tests do I need to run to find out what type of diabetes I have

Captain Diabetes

It's been a while since I have been on here and things are getting worse.  My levels are through the roof, or at least I consider them through the roof.  Example of where my blood is, this morning I had a homemade egg mcmuffin for breakfast.  21g of carbs in the english muffin, fried egg, canadian bacon, and 1 slice of cheese. Oh yeah and my typical coffee (black).  So I figure good job only carbs is my english muffin everything should be fine and bam levels are 282 at 11:30.  That's almost 6 hours after breakfast with absolutely nothing in between.  That is how my numbers have been running lately.  I'm on 1 500 mg metformin Extended release each night.  all numbers plotted are showing a steady increase across the 3 month cycle.  I know to tell them about the GAD 65 test when I go on Friday are there any other tests.  Sorry this is in such a hurry and any spelling errors.  At work and I'm about to go into a meeting.  Thanks everybody 

TX_Clint

Dump the muffin. Up the metformin to 2000. Maybe split the met 1000 am and 1000 pm. Get an A1c and talk to your Doctor about other meds.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.