Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ran23

P-4 775 Heatsink

ran23

thought I would clean up, re seat the cpu and new thermal stuff.   can't get the square type heatsink back on.  (New 3.0 /800 CPU installed, since they are cheap now).  This Intel 865 motherboard has been a great computer back then.   I boot it up and game once in a while.   I've looked at a few you tube about it, still can't get it working yet.   any ideas. 

ran23

took it apart and put back together.  Boots fine in Safe Mode and updated (XP).  May be too hot of a chip for this, replaced a 2.4/800.   fun times.   this core i5 I'm on sure is rock solid and fun. 

ran23

So far this XP machine will only boot to safe mode????    It had old EA games on it.  But it will not load 'regular mode'????  ( I booted to safe mode/network and updated utilities just fine.  reboot to regular and it fails?)    I may switch the CPU and see what happens next. 

ran23

Well 3 try at 'reload last good config'.  Guess I will swap the CPU out.     This Core i5 is what I am on now,  almost miss the old days of fun PC work.  

ran23

If this can run 20+ minutes in Safe Mode, nothing governs it from running normal??    reload? I have done that 5-6 times on this machine.   will sleep on it. 

ran23

Still trying to get the 3.0 to work, guess it was O/C or something.  back to the 2.4/800, too bad.  This BIOS will not do the Prescott's.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.