Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Diabetes

eGFR

Captain Diabetes

I just received some of my blood work back and I have an eGFR of >60.  What does this mean? and should I be worried about it?  I go back to my Dr. and will be able to ask him in about a month, but am kinda curious to know.

OneEye
52 minutes ago, Captain Diabetes said:

Excellent. Thank you.  Now I wonder if I'm 61 or 101.  

My last chem panel it gave the individual parameters of each test...and what my score was. Odd that your test didn't. Maybe their meter only goes to 60 and you pegged it! :)

Coravh

Some labs won't bother to give you an actual result on eGFR unless it is in the abnormal range or very close to it. Keep in mind that the eGFR is not that great a reference (e stands for estimated). Drink one less glass of water the day before and it can change a lot. It's also very unreliable in larger and very muscular men, and smaller women. As long as it's normal and all your other labs are ok, don't worry about it. In this case, out of sight, out of mind, is an ok way to go.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.