Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
tkim

Quick Survey - I'd appreciate your help!

tkim

Hello! My name is Tricia, and I am a fourth year medical student in Erie, PA. My father was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 15 years ago, and I'm very passionate about diabetes research. I am currently conducting a study on diabetes self-management education programs and barriers to access. If you are over the age of eighteen and have been diagnosed with Type II diabetes, please take a few minutes to complete my survey. The survey will not ask for your name or for any other information that could be used to identify you. I appreciate your help, time and participation!

princesslinda

Tkim:  I deleted your survey as these have to be approved by Tony, Forum Admin, prior to posting. Please check with him and if he says ok, you are welcome to post your survey. Thanks!

dowling gram

Frankly I'm tired of these college kids and their surveys. They add nothing to the site but irritation

princesslinda

Tony does okay some surveys, but it's certainly his call.  It helps if you report these when they show up, so we can remove them if it's not approved.

JohnSchroeder

For what its worth I'm perfectly happy helping out students of all levels with surveys like this.  Like anything else on forums, if its a thread you're not interested in, just don't visit it.

adiantum

I'm always happy to help a student with their surveys but they must seek approval first.

Even taking a survey on the property of a shopping complex, one must have the authority of the management .

Tony
1 hour ago, adiantum said:

Can her survey be reinstated?

It would be handy to know  of those that have  approval.

She has approval. @adiantum if you look back through the topic you will notice she was approved yesterday.

princesslinda

I messaged the OP asking her to post her link again, now that it has been approved by Tony.

adiantum

Thanks Linda.

I realised that for this student but was thinking of future students  running a survey.

Ive been a student so know how hard it can be to gather data. 

I'm just glad I never had to run a survey.

1 hour ago, Tony said:

She has approval. @adiantum if you look back through the topic you will notice she was approved yesterday.

don1942

It might be helpful if members could create their own surveys. For example, I’d like to know how many members have used a CGMS and did they find them improving their control. Or, has anybody tried Fiasp and what were the results.

adiantum

Hi Don, you can do that now  by creating a poll.

Think your questions through . Go to the heading Diabetes then click on type1.

next page on right side click " start a new topic"

you are then given the choice of content or poll 

https://www.diabetesforums.com/forums/forum/3-type-1-diabetes/?do=add

tkim

Thanks so much for your support, everyone! I just posted a new discussion. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help! I hope that my research will spur more discussion on health policies to expand diabetes self-management education programs and help those who have difficulty with access. Thanks again!

Napra

Thanks a lot for your help. I hope my answers to the survey will help something. Perhaps here it will be interesting to someone to read the research papers of an Australian scientist read more on how stress affects our lives.