Diabetes forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rbubbaray

A1C and spikes

Rbubbaray

Mike,

Very well said . you explain things so well ,love the positive glow you have ..I tend to indulge when I love something good or bad . I tend to let things go and ignore and think they are not as bad as they are , until a doctor or someone with knowledge kicks me in the butt , the bigger the impact the larger the blow.

I remember my doctor telling me when I was 30 of my high blood pressure , that hypertension does not care what age you are . you ride the high BP train you will pay for it , and wake some day with a stroke if you are lucky to survive it . My main activity then was being a rock drummer , playing 2 hours a night can burn many calories and great for the heart because of the arm movements . I actually had a doctor say you are not human in a flattering way , he said I never seen anyone do a stress test and drop heart rate the longer you proceed , after 20 minutes running he said ok your done I need to go eat lunch .lol

But I always was over weight , low for me was 220 lbs im 6 ft tall and have large arms shoulders and legs , and they have a good amount of muscle tone .

So when my doctor got on me about my BP back then , I had a friend that is built like the rocky movies he made me a page of all foods and the fat content .I was doing 60 grams a fat day and got into working out and martial arts , plus my band , I dropped 65 lbs in 3 months . my friends couldn't get over it , plus had solid mass were it counted .. yes I was proud to say I looked dam good , but the best part was that I felt good .

Next visit to the doctor he was so proud it gave him incentive to also hit the gym , he actually asked me what I been doing .. how did I do it , 6 months later at my next visit I hardly recognized him he looked great was about 50 lbs lighter .Before you knew it we was going together .. plus he got into playing guitar which I had my guitarist teach him a few things to get started .

I also cut out caffeine and salt , only salt I added while cooking ,those are 2 killers for BP like carbs is for D2. sodium breaks down under heat and you need less to coat foods . called sodium shock , same as a brine .

But here the thing with diabetics thats different then say HP and cholesterol issues for humans , for the last 2 factors pills actually work , and you can still eat more foods then we can with D2. even older folks or disabled folks can control most issues with pills .. with D2 thats not the fact . we need to take meds plus live a Atkins life pretty much , not as intense but dam close to it .lol bottom line what I am saying is I don't need to run half way across  2 states and eat certain foods to control BP with the proper pills . because now I don't workout now I don't take martial arts plus now I also don't play in a band , and my BP is fine .. but my D2 is the only thing up and down.. thats why to me its pain in the ass .

That is so cool you bike I like biking also and I think this summer I am planning on getting one .. Neil Pert the drummer in the band Rush , he would actually have the bus drop him off outside of towns where they toured and he would bike ride in or even outside that state , so he was pumped for shows .one of the best ways to stay fit and excellent for cardio plus its fun and you see sights.

David Lee Roth { van Halen } would scale and climb mountains the day of a show .

meyery2k

On the music front, I am learning keyboard.  Seriously this time and sticking to it.  I am on the G Major hand position lesson finally.  I am only a one-trick pony right now with a basic version of "When the Saints Go Marching In" in C Major but I can rock it with both hands at 160 BPM with a Dixie tempo lol...

I am learning slowly and concentrating on good technique and sound rather than quantity.  I would rather play a few pieces well than a play a bunch poorly.

Rbubbaray

Kit ,

You are so correct , I have been feeling bad for myself lately and selfish and childish. and what happened to your brother is really terrible, if he did act and followed a better guide line and watched his intake better , he probably would be here today . 

But I realize you all are much deeper involved and serious then most with diabetes .. which I can not blame you one bit , cause it can cause death .its no joke for sure . but from now on ill pave my own path , I still can not see the sunshine from all this .. and time to move on . out of this blog and site . Mike my friend take care