Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SaranSai

Lower Back Pain Remedies

SaranSai

What is the origin of back pain?

When breakfast does not have protein foods, the body self-devours or eats its own muscles. This muscle destruction is painful especially in the large muscles: the back, the waist, the legs and the arms.

Unlike the sugars or carbohydrates that are stored in the liver and the fat that is stored in the fatty tissue of the belly the proteins can not be stored by the body. Muscles are the least important tissue where you can find lots of protein. Unfortunately people who do not eat 50 gr. of essential protein in breakfast need to get protein from the destruction of muscles.

What to do to cure back pain?

Have breakfast!

Foods that reduce backache

Protein Foods Power of Satiety Main characteristics
Whey protein(Smoothies and Ice Cream Nor A Diet More) 99 The best protein to reduce appetite
Yogurt and Cheese (Ricota, Blanco, Mozarella) 81 Difficult digestion in people with inflamed stomachIndispensable to control the appetite
Fish (Sardines, Tuna, Salmon, Cod) 79 Rich in protein Extreme satiety power
Lean meats: Turkey, Chicken, Beef and Pork 75 Excellent proteins without fat High satiety power
Eggs 75 Excellent proteins and rich in vitamins
Seafood 74 High content of protein and good fat
Gelatin without sugar 73 Good to prevent anxiety for sweets
Soy Protein (Herbalife shake) 70 Protein of vegetal origin, low power of satiety
Lentils, Beans, Peas 64 Good for constipationLow in proteins and with low glycemic carbohydrates
Soy milk 61 Low protein contentHigh carbohydrate

dowling gram

I don't buy this. Back pain can be caused by many things and it's not always muscles. Even if it is muscles, sometimes it is a pulled muscle or just overuse. I have a hard time getting enough protein daily. For years I never ate breakfast and seldom had back pain. Now I eat breakfast and only get back pain when I overdo and put a strain on my back. Either way I count myself lucky to have seldom had back pain and that's not because I eat a lot of protein.

OneEye

I used to mix protein packets with orange juice when I was younger and lifting weights. Can't remember the name of the product. Was an orange & white box with about 10 packets - with a cow's face on the box, I think. Anyone remember the brand name of that? My diet doesn't seem to consist of enough protein...thinking about that type of a supplement.

EDIT: As an addendum here...I think it's very, very rare that back pain is due to a lack of protein. If a lack of protein is present and your body is eating its muscles...you're going to feel that loss everywhere a muscle is present.

Okay...just came to me! At 75-years-old...the thought process is slow. Knox Gelatin.

OneEye

Okay...looked up protein supplements. Seems Whey is the popular way to go. My daily requirement is: The DRI (Dietary Reference Intake) is 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight, or 0.36 grams per pound. This amounts to: 56 grams per day for the average sedentary man. 46 grams per day for the average sedentary woman.

H'm...I'm a comfortable 6'3" 283 lbs. At 0.36 grams per pound that would be 0.36 X 283 lbs. or 101 grams a day. The Whey supplement from GNC Live Well...clocking in at about $15 a lb, would last me about 4½ days supplying 100% of my protein. That's about $100-120 a month. I'm gonna have to get a huge COLA (Social Security Cost Of Living Adjustment) to justify that!

TX_Clint
4 hours ago, OneEye said:

Okay...looked up protein supplements. Seems Whey is the popular way to go. My daily requirement is: The DRI (Dietary Reference Intake) is 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight, or 0.36 grams per pound. This amounts to: 56 grams per day for the average sedentary man. 46 grams per day for the average sedentary woman.

H'm...I'm a comfortable 6'3" 283 lbs. At 0.36 grams per pound that would be 0.36 X 283 lbs. or 101 grams a day. The Whey supplement from GNC Live Well...clocking in at about $15 a lb, would last me about 4½ days supplying 100% of my protein. That's about $100-120 a month. I'm gonna have to get a huge COLA (Social Security Cost Of Living Adjustment) to justify that!

Et mo cheekin 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.