Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adiantum

Flies are a PITA

adiantum

so does my dog... she wont eat her dinner if she thinks she saw a fly ..somewhere.

yet, she has no issue about leaving the doors open.

5 hours ago, meyery2k said:

I hate flies...

That poor cow mustve been exhausted and terrified.

Hammer

If you want to try and catch a fly, the best time of the day to do that is 4pm.  I read that, at about 4pm, flies are at their slowest, so it's easier to catch them, or to hit them with a fly swatter.  Over the years, I have attempted to catch a fly at around 4pm, and it's true.  I can't count how many times a fly was bothering me, and at around 4pm, I was able to grab the fly right out of the air, because it was flying so slow.

adiantum

Flies enjoy a siesta?...  flies are smart.

If a blow fly gets trapped  in the house & doesnt makes its attendance known until late, it can be ushered out by the light.

Even if you have to direct it through many rooms.

Make the next room very light, then make the one it's in very dark.

It will go into the lighter room.

Hammer

Yes, I agree Lee.  If you watch a fly, it will fly around a light in the room, like an overhead light.  When I need to replace a lightbulb in an overhead light fixture, I have to remove the glass dome that is covering the lightbulb, and in the glass dome, there are always dead flies.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.