Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Susie522

Cannula

Susie522

My doctor has my cannula at 5.0 for the last 2 years my blood sugars are all over the place isn't that a high number for a cannula fill

Tony

Depending on the size of your cannula you should fill to .3 for the short and .5 for the longer cannula.

Susie522

Thank you. Not sure why he would make it 5.0. No wonder I have such lousy Numbers again thank you

Tony
1 minute ago, Susie522 said:

Thank you. Not sure why he would make it 5.0. No wonder I have such lousy Numbers again thank you

Did he go into your pump to set it? I don't know why he would set It to 5. Makes no sense to me.

don1942

My fill amount was 0.5 for over seven years. However, I did experience a number of lhighs following reservoir changes. My belief is that the highs resulted from a few tiny bubbles remaining in the top of the reservoir or in the tube. Accordingly, I just increased my fill rate to o.6. If my fill amount was 5, I am sure I would be low for an hour or two.

Are you sure you were set at 5 and not 0.5 ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.