Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John_titor

Frequent urination for 5 months but blood glucose normal

John_titor

Hi I’m a healthy 17 years old guy 5,6 148lbs so everything started in January 1 2018 I just started to urinate a lot and really often that week I went and did a fasting blood test and it came out 68 but the frequent urination continued then 2 weeks later I did another fasting test which came out to be 78 blood glucose then after 3 weeks it completely stopped I was fine and feeling great till a month later it came back but less much less frequent now and less quantity of urine I don’t urinate at nigh at all not other symptoms 2 weeks go I went to do another fasting blood test which cane out at 98 this test was 4 month after everything started and every doctor I’ve seen says I’m healthy and that I don’t have diabetes but I’m kinda worried I just don’t know what to think , oh and i did a urine test which cane out completely normal too I feel great just that this frequen urination it’s depressing me help! Could I have día es type 1 since I’m 17 or could it just be a bladder problem

meyery2k

If you had Type 1 diabetes, your glucose would be constantly high since you wouldn't be producing insulin to use it.  Diabetes is pretty straightforward as far as testing is concerned.

Do you consume a lot of sodium or caffeine?  These can cause increased urine output.  Fast food, packaged foods, energy drinks, coffee beverages from Starbucks could be some possibilities.

John_titor

Thank you so much for your response I really appreciate it! Well I do track my food intake since I like working out , and my sodium it’s a bit just a bit high I do consume sometimes packed foods and fast food a couple of days ago I tracked all my Urine output since I woke up till I slept and it was 1.5 liters and I drank like 1 liter or so from food and drinks. So you don’t think it’s diabetes type 1?

Kit

Urine output is a side effect of high blood glucose levels.  Because our BG levels get high, our body tries to flush that excess glucose out of the system.  In order to do this, you get REALLY thirsty and drinks a lot of extra liquids.

So, diabetes doesn't mean you pee a lot.  High BG levels means you pee a lot because you are drinking a lot of fluids.

John_titor

Thanks you ! Means a lot sorry guys just to stay clear and I finally stopped worrying a lot about this do you guys think I’m healthy or do you guys think I may have type 1 sorry I’m just really stressed I get confused

meyery2k

Your doctor would best answer that but if you were a Type 1 diabetic not taking insulin, your glucose would not be anywhere near normal.  Type 1 diabetics don't produce any or enough insulin for cells to uptake glucose to use for energy.  This results in constantly, and often dangerously, high levels of glucose.  Many people discover they are Type 1 when they end up in the hospital with a condition known as Diabetic Ketoacidosis.  You would be extremely ill at this point and your glucose would be well in excess of normal if this occurs.  

You could ask your doctor to have a glucose tolerance test.  Basically, after fasting overnight, you go to the lab where they test your fasting glucose.  You then consume a measured quantity of glucose and they measure over the space of 2 hours to see how well your body metabolizes it.  You would expect to see a rise and then a fall to near the starting point within the 2 hour period.

This site has some great information about diabetes.

http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/index.php

John_titor

Thanks really appreciate it I already went to 4 doctors and all of them said I’m healthy it just that I’m a really anxious person. I just wanted some opinion from people who are more familiar with diabetes so I could get a clear answer. 

dowling gram

If you are concerned see a Urologist. Many things from enlarged prostate to cancer to a urinary tract infection of some kind and other things or just drinking a lot can cause frequent urination and  or excessive urine output

Kenton

Dito on seeing a Dr. It could be anything from a bladder infection to diabetes insipidus to nerves,  a Dr. would be your best bet to figure what is going on.

John_titor

Thank you appreciate it I did went to a urologist and he said nothing was bad I’ve seen like 4 different doctors and everyone said I’m fine. Do you think I should stop worrying about diabetes type 1? Keton 

Kit

Yes, you're just going to drive yourself nuts and in all honesty nothing you have said so far points to diabetes. 

If you really want to assure yourself, get a cheap meter with inexpensive steps, a lancing device and lancets. Test yourself before a typical meal and again two hours later. Unless you consume massive amounts of sugar, you should be back where you started.  That will give you the best indication of this has anything to do with diabetes. 

Fasting is usually the last place to show issues so I highly recommend checking after a meal. If that's good, you're good. 

John_titor

Thank you so much for all your positive responses I think it’s just a mild infect or something like that it’s been 4 months since everything started and I still feel great it was just the urine that had me worried but I think I’m just overthinking because pretty much every doctor have said I don’t have nothing. I think I just should stop thinking about it, honestly thank you very much you don’t know how much you just helped me Kit!! Have a great day 

John_titor

Hey kit I have one question just to get it out of my mind since everything started I’ve stated the same weight I haven’t gained or lost is that even doe I think I eat a lot just curios does diabetes type 1 maintains you in the weight you are I’m really sorry for asking again I just had this las question ? 

Kit

Another symptom of a symptom.

Ok, so when you eat, the body rather swiftly converts carbohydrates into sugar (blood glucose).  It takes insulin to get that glucose into cells so it can be used as energy.

With the absence of, the insulin, glucose cannot get into the cells, so the body starts to starve and will start to cannibalize itself.  This causes rapid weight loss.

Seriously, you do not have any of the common symptoms of T1 diabetes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.