Diabetes forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cuddles

I have Humana insurance through medicare

Cuddles

My question is does any one here go through CCS MEDICAL to get a new insulin pump?  My Medtronic pump is 6 years old and needs to be replaced.  Does any one know what model Medtronic insulin pump Medicare will cover the cost?

Edited by Cuddles
Mispell

don1942

Medicare has covered all of my Medtronic Pumps. However, Medicare does not cover the CGMS . I believe I have gone through Medtronic for the pummp - original Revel and upgrade to 630G after five years on the Revel and free upgrade to 670g. Up until this year, my pump supplies were ordered through CCS Medica. However, under my new United Healthcare Group Medicare Advantage Plan, CCS Medical was not an approved supplier for reservoirs and infusion sets . I had to order them from Medtronic. CCS Medical still supplies my non Medicare covered CGMS supplies which are 80% covered by United Healthcare.

Give Medtronic a call and they will connect you with the rep for your location and should be able to give you good advice.

don1942

I was just advised that the  Medicare Advantage Plans do not cover CGMSs, both Medtronic and Dexcom. I was getting my sensors from CCS Medical. CCS  Medical just sent me a bill for $875 for the portion of my Jan 18, 2018 order for three boxes of sensors they previously said was covered by insurance. I was told I had to pay it by July 10 or it would be sent for collection.

In this regard, CCS Medical is now charging me $446 per box of three. I called Medtronic and was advised that they would charge my $ 345 per box.