Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
meyery2k

Kilauea Eruption

meyery2k

Updates

I don't want to tie up "Daily Chat" with articles so, for those interested, I will post updates to this article.

Here is a link to the video from this morning showing new activity...

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/clip/14323601/overnight-lava-video-shows-eruption-continues-in-leilani-estates

View full article

dowling gram

I can barely stand to watch natural disasters or even man made ones. I always think of the pain of losing the home you worked so hard to get. Harder yet if you lose a loved one. Right now New Brunswick is experiencing floods and that breaks my heart too. Thank God and the powers that be that I have never had to experience any of that kind of thing.

adiantum

It's really sad to see the rising count of homes consumed by larva... 31 was just reported with dozens more on possible threat.

samuraiguy
On 5/4/2018 at 4:48 PM, samuraiguy said:

One of those things that is cool to watch .... as long as it isn't in your back yard :P

Prayers going out to the victims. My original post was referring to the eruption and flow video (which people pay to go watch as tourists), and not the general carnage which is never cool to watch :P

adiantum

I believe we all realise there are two parts to this volcano eruption... it is a magnificently powerful  phenomenon but horrific for it's victims.

I think your first post was  very apt.. NIMB

meyery2k

Yes, there are victims.  Nobody wants their home inundated with lava but there is a clear understanding that it is a possibility.  Hawaiians will clean the house if lava is imminent as a sign of respect to Pele.  Clean house for her visit.

I would fell true anguish if someone was swindled by a developer or unscrupulous realtor and, while that happens, I am sure that is not the norm here.

There are people that live on the lava that flowed over Kalapana in the 1990's.  They rebuilt on the barren lava and have even had the second go consumed at some point.  Some might call it crazy, but it is a contrary breed of person that would do that.

adiantum

I admire them for their respect of Pele.

It would soften the mental anguish of losing one's home.

adiantum

I can understand this.. golf is addictive

People play golf as an ash plume rises in the distance from the Kilauea volcano on Hawaii's Big Island on May 15, 2018 in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Hawaii. Picture: Mario Tama/Getty Images

People play golf as an ash plume rises in the distance from the Kilauea volcano on Hawaii's Big Island on May 15, 2018 in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Hawaii. Picture: Mario Tama/Getty ImagesSource:Getty Images

index@promo

Fraser

My father used golf to avoid dealing with family life .  I am not sure if it is addictive or an excuse. 

Carol_42
On 5/7/2018 at 3:32 PM, meyery2k said:

Yes, there are victims.  Nobody wants their home inundated with lava but there is a clear understanding that it is a possibility.  Hawaiians will clean the house if lava is imminent as a sign of respect to Pele.  Clean house for her visit.

I would fell true anguish if someone was swindled by a developer or unscrupulous realtor and, while that happens, I am sure that is not the norm here.

There are people that live on the lava that flowed over Kalapana in the 1990's.  They rebuilt on the barren lava and have even had the second go consumed at some point.  Some might call it crazy, but it is a contrary breed of person that would do that.

Sending positive energy your way, Mike.  In my land of Oz, we call it "sending prayer".  Please be safe.  From what I've read, Hilo is only about 50 miles away from Kilauea.  Hope the mountain doesn't let go with all its full glory.

CB