Diabetes forums
Sign in to follow this  
Derek

My blood sugar reading

Kit

Hi Derek, welcome to the group.

No, it is nowhere near normal.

There is some debate on exactly what is truly "normal" or non diabetic.  In general however, your morning fasting reading (was that what you had?) should be between 70 and 100, often somewhere in the 80s.

Kit

261 is still nowhere near normal.

Have you been diagnosed as diabetic?  Have you seen a doctor in regards to this?  Your profile says you are a parent, but its you whose numbers are too high?

meyery2k

Derek - Welcome!  261 is high.  You should see your doctor about this.  Being diagnosed with diabetes is, in many cases, not as bad as it used to be.  There is so much you can do to help control it.  Especially with the Internet, you can work with people that actually live with diabetes and can give you real world advice.

It is possible you might be able to manage with just diet and exercise.  Many do and it is not as impossible as it is presented.  Following the advice here I was am able to manage with diet and exercise.  I used to have fasting readings around 300.

Stick around and check out some of the threads.  Ask questions.  You will find this a great source of information. ~ Mike

adiantum

Derek, I think its great  that you have come here & hope you feel welcome. 

Your blood glucose  certainly is high but  reducing it is probably  doable just by reducing the  carbs.

Avoid bread, rice, pasta, fruit and juices , processed foods and then test  before a meal and again 2 hours afterwards to see if theres a great difference.

Be sure that your hands are clean before you test as remnant food particles or residue will affect the reading.

Grover Ramsey

Hi Derek,

I had such level, it's awful state, I recommend you immediately to ask to the doctor.)