Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
crashandburn

Tandem tslim X2

crashandburn

So I love this company but sadly I have to go through a company called edgepark to get my supplies and they have to be one of the worst I have dealt with..... I told them I was gonna pay them all in full once I got my money like a month later but I needed my supplies because I was fixing to run out and they did not even seem to care, well I have now run out of supplies and luckily I have a months left supplies for my animas ping.. So I called the other day and he told me I would have to pay $400 for the supplies and I was like whoa but I have insurance and he didn't even bother to mention that my insurance was still verifying, what a genius I was dealing with.... Well long story short, I need to turn off the volume on my tandem because even though I put it on vibrate it still makes noises like every few minutes and its quite a bit annoying especially in the middle of the night if you are trying to sleep, does anyone by chance know how I can either mute the volume or actually turn it off

GrammaBear

I have had the Tslim for 2+ years but have never encountered the problem you are asking about.  I do hear the pump during a bolus sometimes, but rarely do I hear it at night.  I'm sorry but I can't help you with the volume.  Have you tried the Tandem pump group on FB.  It is a large group and maybe someone there could help you.

crashandburn

Yeah it makes noise no matter what i guess thats how it was designed

GrammaBear

I would call customer support at Tandem because that is their job to troubleshoot and to ask questions to help the customer.  It is better to talk directly to the manufacturer just in case there is an issue they have never heard about.

statdeac

I have the X2 and the G4 TSlim before than...and the Animas Ping before that!  I know what you are talking about with the alarms being loud - especially for Low Cartridge, Occlusion Alert or Cartridge Empty.  Most alarms I have set to Vibrate, so they don't bother me at all.  For these most urgent alarms, I don't think there is a way to turn them down, unfortunately.  One aspect of the X2  I love is the ability to upgrade via software udpate vs. trading in the pump.  That and the intuitive, sleek design and Dexcom Integration are the main reason I chose this pump.

I also like the Ping, but it wasn't nearly as intuitive and the bolus was VERY LOUD.  I mean people at work would look at me when I tried to bolus discreetly, because they could hear the bolus action.  That never happened for me with the Minimed or the Cozmo, for sure.

Good luck!