Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nosheen

fatigue

nosheen

Hi my daughter 11 years old now was diagnosed with type 1 two years ago . These days she feels too much fatigue says she feels very very sick inside. I did her complete blood test every thing was ok. If you have child with type  1 do they say same things as well . 

adiantum

Hi nosheen, other type1's will be here shortly and they will have better advice then I.

You say everything was OK when you tested her blood.

I assume that was her blood glucose. What numbers did you get?

I know as a type2 I get fatigued if my BG is up near 7/ 127

but her feeling very,very sick is alarming.

dowling gram

Welcome Nosheen

You say you did a complete blood test. What did that consist of? If you are talking about a Glucometer test that is just a moment in time. Blood glucose does not stay the same all the time. It rises after we eat and lowers when there are no carbs to make it go higher. You get a better picture of what's going on if you test at different times of the day including an hour or 2 after meals when blood glucose it typically at it's highest.

It's hard to know about children and what they feel and I'm not the best one to give advice. I'm a type 2 and treatment is very different for us than it is for tpye 1

JohnSchroeder

Yeah, that's not normal.  the comment about complete blood test is a bit confusing.  Saying YOU did it sounds like a check of her glucose at home, but the term 'complete blood test' sounds like a panel from a doctor.

What was her last A1c?  how long ago was it taken?  What is her diet like?

preet

Hi Nausheen,
i hope the kid is doing well now.
I am a Type 1 diabetic and yes there are times when i don't feel well.

i just want to give one advice.
Please ensure if your daughter is having balanced diet. 
I have seen diabetics skipping meal in order to control their blood sugar.

Various  Problems can be caused due to nutritional deficiency.
For example: if you are potassium deficient, you will feel fatigued and nauseated.

Taking multivitamins can help, but consult the doctor first
Thanks 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.