Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dowling gram

flavored carbonated water

dowling gram

I was never a soda drinker. I found it never quenched my thirst it just made me thirstier. My favorite summer drinks were lemonade and iced tea and I don't like home made iced tea. The tannin in tea leaves an awful taste in my mouth. Ice water is good but occasionally I like something with a little flavor and I'm not a big fan of crystal lite or any of the other water additives. They too have an objectionable after taste. I've discovered lemon-lime flavored carbonated water. The brand I buy is Sparkling Ice--0 carbs. 0 calories and no aspertame and no after taste. It is a refreshing drink and something I'll keep on hand all summer.

Anyone else like flavored carbonated water?

Kit

I've used Sparkling Ice for a drinks mixer.  They're not bad but a little sweeter than I like to just drink.

I lost my taste for soda in my college days when I was too poor to buy the stuff.  After that, I could no longer stand to drink it anymore.

But I still do once in a while crave the fizz of carbonation.  When that's the case I mix club soda of seltzer water with either packets of True Citrus or sometimes one of the water enhancers.

BTW - Most of the mass market tea you find here in the states are tea blends.  often assam, ceylon, or blends.  They are poor quality leaves, often fragments or downright dust, and those blends were created and intended to be used with cream and sugar to balance the astringency.

Higher quality and different types of teas will give much smoother drinks with little bitterness or astringency.  But you won't find those on grocery store shelves.

I adore Harney and Sons Caribe tea iced.  Its a black green mix with tropical type flavors that just go very well cold.  I also found herbal teas can be excellent iced.  As they are not actually tea, they do not contain any of the tannins.

meyery2k

I like Sparkling Ice and the Safeway branded version.

Nuun makes berry flavored electrolyte replacement tablets that you drop in a bottle of water and they fizz (like alka-seltzer).  They don't taste very good but they work  at electrolyte replacement with minimal carbs.  My doctor insists regular sports drinks like Gatorade are fine since I will just burn up the glucose but I find I don't need them so I don't even bother to try.  Especially after reading the ingredient label lol... 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.