Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

crashandburn

Ordered pump supplies and

crashandburn

So usually when i order supplies and my deductible isnt met i am charged and it goes towards my deductible but i am charged more, this is the 1st time i have ever been charged like this

Deductible $400.00
Copay $452.25

Is this common for anyone else?

i ended up being charged $800 which is more then it costs without insurance

GrammaBear

Did you call the place where you order your supplies?  Maybe they have incorrect information in their records.  I am not billed for supplies because of Medicare and my secondary insurance.  I would be annoyed if I was charged more than paying out of pocket.

JohnSchroeder

That's absurd, and completely unaffordable.  Whatever you end up doing, don't ration, don't risk DKA. 

memphismike

I just got a notice in the mail today from Medicare (CMS) stating that my last order from CCS for Infusion sets is not covered under part b. This is the second order I have received after going on Medicare, and I got the same notice on that order also. Both were $840.00 for the sets. I called CCS when I got the first notice and they said they must have made a error on span (?) and not to worry about it. I am going to cross my fingers that I am not the only Type 1 Pump user that will have to pay 100% of the cost for sets for my pump. CCS assured me that I was qualified for part B coverage for pump supplies and that my AARP/UHC supplemental would cover what CMS does not. I am just going to wait and hope it is corrected. CCS said they would keep submitting it until it is approved...

don1942

My Medicare and UHC supplemental coverage was changed to a combined UHC Medicare Group Advantage, and was advised that CCS Medical was not an approved contractor. I now order direct from Medtronic. I haven’t received a notice from my last order (last week) so not sure what my costs are yet.

memphismike

Don1942,

Is CCS not an approved Medicare contractor now, or is it not approved by  the UHC Medicare Group advantage policy?

don1942

Before the change to UHC Group Medicare Advantage, Medicare approved CCS Medical as primary and UHC as secondary. Interesting, though  Medicare doesn’t approve my CGM supplies, I still order them from CCS Medical with UHC coverage (80%)