Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kit

Crunchy Broccoli

Kit

Trader Joe's has something in their chip section.

Crispy Crunchy Broccoli Florets.

14g carbs, 8g fiber for the entire bag.

Ingredients are broccoli, palm oil, and salt.

They taste really good with a slight sweet flavor to them even.

Downside - they are so good I could easily seeing eating the entire bag if I didn't control myself.

Upside - you can snack and get in your healthy veggies.  :D

OneEye

Crispy Crunchy Broccoli Florets...sounds like something I'd try. I buy the crunchy banana chips now and again when I want my banana fix.

Speaking of...I buy two types of Maruchan Instant Lunch cup-o'-noodles; the shrimp and the chicken. In the shrimp you get a few freeze dried shrimp which are great as a crunchy snack if you remove and eat them before you add the hot water. The chicken version comes with freeze-dried corn and peas. The peas...meh...but the crunchy corn is outstanding. I think that if they sold the crunchy corn and the shrimp in individual packaged snacks they'd sell like hotcakes. I usually buy a dozen of both, open them, take out the shrimp or the corn and make a handful snack out of them.

The leftover noodles? I fill the cup with cold water, pour that water into a bowl, back into the cup, back into the bowl and then remove the noodles; back into the cup and add a little ketchup, Tabasco sauce and a pinch of sugar and then heat it in the microwave. Not too bad for a quasi-soup without the noodle carb's. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.