Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ran23

replace closet doors

ran23

Existing construction, about 2003 built house with slider doors for reach-in closet, 7'.  A pair of bi-fold doors would make more sense. I have never done this before, easy DIY?   I have read that Bi-fold go out of adjustment easy.   ??

adiantum

Ran, I knew you'd  eventually have difficulty  stuffing more clothes in that closet.

bi-fold doors should give a broader  view of your clothing.

adiantum

A house just come on the market in a region I hope to re-locate.. 

Ran..eat your heart out..it has 5 bedrooms  WooHoo.. I'd  have no need to de-clutter if I had such a house to myself & my dog.

dowling gram

Bi-fold doors are easy to install. I've had them on my closet for the close to 50 years we have lived here and they've never had to be adjusted. Maybe an extra large one might need adjusting but mine don't. Bi-fold doors consist of a track with grove in the middle of the track that a roller runs across when you open and close the door. There is a fitting that screws into the floor and top of the frame where the door is to remain stationary. A small metal pin fits into the fittings at the top and bottom of the stationary end of the door and another pin with a roller fits into the movable end of the door.

There is still a part of your closet where the door moves to that is not easily accessible but it is better than 2 sliding doors. If you have wall space beside the closet I'd consider a barn door for full access and it is the stylish thing these days

LCD
5 hours ago, ran23 said:

Existing construction, about 2003 built house with slider doors for reach-in closet, 7'.  A pair of bi-fold doors would make more sense. I have never done this before, easy DIY?   I have read that Bi-fold go out of adjustment easy.   ??

ran23,

Forget the bi-fold doors, you need to have glass doors so you can see all your cool wardrobe 24/7.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.