Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sophiehelen

5 and a half weeks pregnant and just cant get it right

Sophiehelen

Hi, feeling very alone right now im 5 and a half weeks pregnant and i feel like im harming my baby and theres nothing i can do no matter what my sugars are just high i had 4 hypos yesterday, my insulin was vhanged and now today all i seem to be is high im still 15.8 no matter what i do carb free or corrections!  It is my first baby and i just want to cry i dont know anyone thats type one and pregnant or been pregnant my hba1c is now 76 im terrified my baby will be damaged or i will miscarry, i feel like im a rubbish mum already and cant even look after my little one because of my stupid disease, no one actualy understands my midwife is fab but i dont want to annoy her by keep on calling, i just feel so alone right now 

adiantum

Call your midwife , it is her job, so you are not going to annoy her.

You & your baby are the top priority so I'd be getting all of the medical assistance I could find.

Hypos & hypers are not good for you or the baby.

It is not your fault , it's this stupid condition  diabetes.

Another member used to post of her same concerns , but now she has 3 children & a job so  I guess she doesnt have much time anymore.

Thatmom

Oh honey hugs.

Pregnancy with type 1 can be really challenging but you are not alone!

Please please don't feel bad about bugging you midwife she should be happy to help. Like the previous poster said it is her job. Also have you tried bugging your endocrinologist? 

You are a fabulous mom and everything will probably turn out much better than you expect. Hang in there and have hope! There are so many fabulous medical advances out there.

I for one am on pregnancy number three. I think you are about a week ahead of me actually haha. My other two are happy and healthy at 3 and 1 and 1/2 years. It is possible to have kids with type 1!

Do you use an insuline pump? If not look into getting one with a continuous glucose monitor  could be a total game changer for you. I had them for my two previous pregnancies they were very helpful tools. I am super excited about upgrading my current pump to the newest one for this pregnancy because the newest minimed pump has a feature that, when used with the continous glucose monitor, can automaticly make some changes to the amount of insulin you get. You doc could tell you more. Or at least make more sense haha.

Hang in there you'll get it figured out.

You're a fantastic mom! 

meyery2k

@Thatmom - Welcome and thank you for helping us answer some of these posts.  The best advice is always from the ones that "have been there, done that, and got the t-shirt (or in your case, the medal!)".

I hope you decide to be a regular here. ~ Mike

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.