Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kit

Full Green Cauli Rice

Kit

I ran out to the store for lunch today and I passed by this while looking for something else.

20180917_120730.thumb.jpg.c2acfed9b76a533cec4743da77787c63.jpg

Ingredient list for the regular is just cauliflower.  For the broccoli one, just cauliflower and broccoli.  Appears to be shelf stable.

There was a 3rd one  with tomato and some other veggies.  It had a larger carb count, but still at 12g total for the entire package.  The others are 8g total carbs per package.  One serving per package according to the label.

I didn't grab any today, but I may some other time just to see if its worth it.  A little expensive (just under $4) for regular use, but I can easily see this as handy for emergencies, work lunches, etc.

Kit

So I finally got around to checking this out.  They have four types

Cauliflower Rice - ingredients just cauliflower

Cauliflower and Broccoli - just cauliflower and broccoli

Cauliflower rice with tomato, Garlic and Herbs - cauliflower with seasonings

Vegi Rice - Sweet potato rice

I got one pack each of the first three.  The 4th is too carby for me so I skipped it.

I just tried the one with tomato and herbs.  12g total carbs, 6g fiber.  I had with a couple baked chicken wings.  The fat in the rice is really low, so I added a tablespoon of butter on top.  It pushed the single meal carb count for me, but OMG this is so good!  I'm thankful the pack is a single serving.  I would be tempted to over eat otherwise.  :)

Results - Before meal 87

2 hours later:  94

I'll be testing the others as I eat them as well, but this was the one most likely to give me a problem.

And it is seriously good.  I will be keeping a couple packs around.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.