Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PatriciaJ

Normal liver dump

PatriciaJ

The past few mornings I took my fasting BS with my meter and the results were 101, 111, 102, and 105. I'm pre diabetic, don't take insulin, careful with diet and exercise. Don't "normal" people also have liver dumps and fasting early morning BS's over 100???

samuraiguy

What was your last A1C? According to the NIH continuous glucose monitoring of non-diabetics the average mean fasting blood glucose is 83 mg/dl and is a big reason why their A1C's also averaged 5, because they spend so much time overnight at those lower levels.

Kit
12 hours ago, PatriciaJ said:

The past few mornings I took my fasting BS with my meter and the results were 101, 111, 102, and 105. I'm pre diabetic, don't take insulin, careful with diet and exercise. Don't "normal" people also have liver dumps and fasting early morning BS's over 100???

Actually one of the first signs that doctors look at for diabetes is elevated fasting BG levels or over 100.

Yes, non diabetics do get liver dumps.  But at the same time, their pancreas releases insulin and their bodies are receptive to that extra insulin, so their numbers don't really rise.

PatriciaJ

My last FBS at the lab was a year ago = 92. The same day the A1C came back = 6.1

Other meter FBS week before last were: 91, 95, 111, and 93.

After meals 1 hour average 135 and go down to 102 at the 2 hour mark.

One thing I need to cut out is sipping on coffee with hazelnut creamer throughout the day.

Thank you to those who replied:)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.