Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

ran23

Today's ebay code: PICSOON good for today

ran23

Sorry to say I doubt it. I saw it in time for a one day code.  I get it from a Toyota Truck forum. guys buy parts and I listed 'pearls for my lady', they liked that. 

adiantum

@OneEye $8 for 50strips? :o

You'd be considered quite wealthy here paying that much.

I only pay .60c  for the same amount

Edited by adiantum

Kit

When I was still using the officially prescribed One Touch Verio IQ, the official price for 50 strips was something around $70.  Insurance dropped it to $35 out of pocket.

One of the primary reasons I switched to the ReliOn Prime.  That dropped it down to $9 for 50 without a prescription.

I am of the opinion that the price of test strips is greatly inflated.

Edited by Kit

OneEye
19 hours ago, adiantum said:

@OneEye $8 for 50strips? :o

You'd be considered quite wealthy here paying that much.

I only pay .60c  for the same amount

Really? Is the rest of your economy as relative as that...'cause Social Security will send my check just about anywhere. :)

adiantum

Come on down... the living is easy :cheers:

4 hours ago, OneEye said:

Really? Is the rest of your economy as relative as that...'cause Social Security will send my check just about anywhere. :)

OneEye
16 minutes ago, adiantum said:

Come on down... the living is easy :cheers:

Thank you for the invite, but...Ima need something a little more $ oriented. How much for a bottle of Jack Daniel's Old #7 750mL. JD.gif

adiantum

@OneEye  Hmmm lots more then your paying... 

It's $63 L / 1000 ml

or $52 700ml

I drink Scotch & the way I figure it is that some things are worth budgeting for.

I dont go out for entertainment so I enjoy the scotch experience

Edited by adiantum

OneEye
1 hour ago, adiantum said:

I dont go out for entertainment so I enjoy the scotch experience

I hear ya'. Nuthin' more satisfying that gettin; your piss on and then goin' on the Internet and pointing out someone's stupidity. :)

adiantum

I make allowances for it to have  traveled  here with each case having it's own seat in business class.

I doubt you can still your own legally, although it's got to be worth investigating . :rofl: 

1 hour ago, OneEye said:

Yikes! It's $23.51 AusD here for 750mL. Can I "moonshine" legally down there? :)

LOL  I just have private pissups these past couple of years. 

I used to have a cool drinking buddy on df.. the  "Old B from California", but these days its just...

jazz, scotch & jigsaws .

I like doing jigsaws online this way.. I dont have to get the box cutter out to make that damned piece fit.

adiantum

@OneEye  Crikey Mate... I think someone has been reading our posts & have  bought us a bottle of whisky.

Dont you dare tell them that they shouldn't have....

They paid 848 pounds / $1,098,266.96.00 USD

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-45731647

Edited by adiantum

OneEye

Aged 60 years? Wow! With good whiskey...age in the barrel and what that barrel is made of is everything. They all start out the same proof...if it's the alcohol you're looking for...but those that prefer the "sipping" taste of the whiskey only buy aged. If cheap whiskey is your first experience...chances are you'll never drink whiskey again. Most that drink cheap whiskey will mix it with something to get it down, like a cola.

I have 3 different whiskeys here at the compound. One, expensive, $180 USD for 750mL...aged 25 years, for special occasions like Friday or Saturday night. One for during the week, Gentleman Jack Daniel's, a nice breakfast chaser that primes me for the Internet and its political repartee discourse!  And then there's the "guest's" bottle...a 1.75L bottle of Kessler that goes for around $15 USD for those that ask, "Hey, OneEye...got anything to drink?"...before they're offered. :)

Speaking of "Crikey!" Was a huge fan of Steve Irwin back in the day. Such a unique man with a unique gift. Was devastated when he was taken. We all knew he was always "that" close to bein' taken...but taken out by a stinkin' fish? Please...

Anyway...Terri, Bindi and Robert Irwin will star in a brand new series, Crikey! It’s the Irwins, which follows the famous family’s life at home at the Australia Zoo. Cameras capture the trio, plus Bindi’s boyfriend Chandler Powell, as they live and work at the zoo caring for more than 1,200 animals while overseeing their world class wildlife hospital. Wait...WHAT? Bindi's got a boyfriend? Where's the time gone?

Crikey! It’s the Irwins premieres Oct. 28 at 8 p.m. ET on Animal Planet in the USA.

Edited by OneEye

adiantum

Hey, I used to drink with a buddy that had an avatar like that.

Irwin wasnt taken out by a stinking fish, he was the victim of a magnificent stingray defending itself.

Rays are lovely creatures . There used to be an inquisitive one in a lake I used to frequent.

It would come up to the lakes edge & watch me  actually holding eye contact.

It'd go  along the edge looking at my dogs and return  to look me in the eye again.

This happened a few times and one day a fisherman came to me with great excitement telling me of the ray that held eye contact with him.

Re the Irwins.. Terri has done a wonderful job creating a family to be proud of.

adiantum

I've just searched all through the forum for a time lapse rule & I cant see it.

It is in chit chat so off topic doesn't apply.

ran23

I understand PICKUPTEN is good till 8:00 eastern Oct 26.   no idea of minimum yet.  Good for 10% off. 

Edited by ran23
add info

adiantum

I think ebay will be offering lots of deals  now that facebook has become a great seller.

I'm getting regular emails from them offering free listings   for weekends.

I bought most of my christmas gifts online & some on ebay. 

One was advertised as new ( 1997 ) but when it arrived it was marked & damaged.

I didnt notice the damage in the photo, just taking it as being new.

Great seller refunded all the money even the postage.

Harley davidson teddy bear pig