Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob43

The news, Major life insurer says all customers can opt-in to wear health trackers

Rob43

P:oPrivacy and consumer advocates have raised questions about whether insurers may eventually use data to select the Privacy and consumer advocates have raised questions about whether insurers may eventually use data to select the most profitable customers.most profitable customers.

Privacy and consumer advocates have raised questions about whether insurers may eventually use data to select the most profitable customers.

rivacy and consumer advocates have raised questions about whether insurers may eventually use data to select the most profitable customers.

buddy7

Where’s your groundwork and rhetoric to substantiate the thread, one of your bad ones Rob. Like to think it’s utter rubbish.

Hammer

This sounds like an invasion of privacy issue.  If all life insurance companies adopt this, I'm sure there will be many class action lawsuits against the insurance companies.  As it stands now, if someone doesn't like this policy, they can just go to another insurance company, but if all insurance companies adopt it, then the customer has no choice but to accept it, or to not have life insurance.

There is no way that I myself would accept this policy....I don't wear jewelry, and I only wear a wristwatch when I go out, then take it off when I get back home.  There is no way that I'd ever wear something like that all of the time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.