Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kit

Lily's Chocolate is evil

Kit

Ok, that may be a little melodramatic.

I've noticed that about 4 months ago, one of my local food chains started carrying Lilys Chocolate.  Its sweetened with erythritol and stevia.  It also contains inulin and dextrin, which are both supposed to be fibers.

One bar is 2 servings

Each serving has

22g carbs

12g fiber

7g Erythritol

Its rained almost constantly since Friday night.  I spent most of the day yesterday running and getting the majority of my chores done.  What this means is that other than some more minor tasks, I've actually had a day off.  Mr Fuzzy and I decided to take the day easy.  We setup with some snacks and got caught up on a few shows, watched the latest Doctor, and similar.  So instead of making meals, I went for a snacky day.   Goats cheese, pickled peppers, some Flackers, and similar.

I had also given in and bough myself some chocolate.  Specifically Lily's Salted Caramelized Salted 40% Milk Chocolate bar.  I've heard so much about it, I may as well try.

um . . . 

I did mention this was evil, right?

I mean I have been totally incapable of limiting myself to one portion.

I have one itty bitty tiny little square looking me in the face, taunting me.  Eat me, eat me eat me it cries.

Yep, absolutely no portion control at all.

And . . . I may as well eat that last square.

I guess I'll check my numbers in the morning.  *cringe*

meyery2k

@Kit - Couldn't ride yesterday.  Rain in the morning.  It cleared up around noon but I had an appointment to help Kala look at wedding dresses.  They are married but they are going to have a ceremony for everyone to attend in summer 2019.  I caught up on some shows and indulged my mistress (Safeway Select Butter Pecan NSA ice cream).  

Kit

It was one of those days for both of us.  :)

The chocolate is really good, but I wish they would dial down on the sweetness.  I can still taste it in my mouth and I've brushed my teeth twice since the last piece.  I'm really not used to it anymore.

Kit

I didn't actually test myself that day.  I did get myself a second bar (Halloween gift) and tested for it though.

Two rows of squares (1/3 a bar) is the serving size I tested.  It was under 5pt difference two hours later.

The regular dark chocolate doesn't trigger cravings like the other did, but still tastes really good.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.