Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
DanG

Where is Type 1?

DanG

This Type 1 forum used to hum - where are other Type 1 practitioners?  i.e. we used to have Richard who has been doing Type 1 for many years.  DeusXM and SueM were from UK... and many others had comments about managing insulin and doctors and exercise and food.  Much is similar for the majority of DiabetesForums and the Type 2 management, but it is different, so Type 1 forum was a different space.  Have the former readers of this Type 1 section lost interest in the nice chat we used to have here?  Have the former DF readers gone to other forum websites?  It may not be polite to ask, but... where is type 1 dialog happening these days?  Is Richard, SueM, DeusXM, and others at different websites?  This Type 1 place used to hum - where is the Type 1 hum these days?  Thanks.

OneEye

I saw a significant drop off when Diabetes Forums changed its format. I've noticed that with other forums as well when they do that. People get used to the format of a forum and don't care to learn how to navigate something new.

When a substantial number of forum members stop commenting...this is usually the reason.

Coravh

I know that Richard is quite active on Facebook in a lot of groups. He still pops in periodically to DD (Diabetes Daily), but even that is only a couple of times per year.

I'll agree with OneEye. I've seen it a lot that every time the powers that be make some 'upgrades', they lose a lot of people. I personally find this new look harder to read, but I still do pop in once in a while. Hope you all are doing well.

OneEye
3 hours ago, Coravh said:

I know that Richard is quite active on Facebook in a lot of groups. He still pops in periodically to DD (Diabetes Daily)...

Not an endorsement (don't ban me)...but I think that Diabetes Daily is an excellent model for user interfaces.

Fraser

I checked out Diatetes Daily, UMMMM there are more people I know there than here, some I would like to reconnect others I would like to avoid, but it is an active site on the discussion of dealing with diabetes. 

dowling gram

I did join diabetes daily before I came here and hated it. You are not allowed to disagree with their mods. and can't talk freely. This is a much better site!

don1942

I am not not good at starting topics, but normally respond to insulin related topics. When I come on the site, I search for insulin related topics and if I don’t find any, I move on to other sites. However, I do occasionally find non diabetic related forums worth checking out. 

Bar&In

I think forum is great when first diagnosed and if you want to pop in from time to time with a question. However I don’t see the point of visiting daily once you get a handle on things, need to live your life and put T1D in back burner (while still staying on top of it of course). I could see if you’re retired or something to visit daily but otherwise can’t .