Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PatriciaJ

Lancing device

PatriciaJ

The lancing device that came with my Contour next EZ kit lost it's springing capability, so I need a new lancing device.

Has anyone use the "Care Touch 30 gauge" lancing device and if so, what is your opinion of it??

Thank you..

OneEye

You've lucked out. No...really. The Microlet lancing device is just one click under using an ice pick. It's the worst lancing device, in my opinion, ever invented. Suffice to say, when they designed this piece of garbage it went straight into production with ZERO testing! With that said...

I've two suggestions: the Accu-Chek Softclix for its longevity and ease of use...and the OneTouch Delica Lancing Device. The Delica seems to be the favorite for the crowd that's pain-sensitive. Then again, c'mon, you're springing a needle into your finger...the most sensitive part of your body...sans a genital organ. Did you not think you were gonna feel that? :)

PatriciaJ

Thanks for your reply. Apparently not all lancing devices will fit the 30 gauge lancets I have, therefore, I need a lancing device that will work for 30 gauge,, will the Accu-chek or One Touch work?

adiantum

Hi Patricia, I use  a CareSense meter  which was free & in it was a lancing device & a few lancets.

I only change my lancets about  once a year so still have a few left in the original kit.

Its a great brand.. I only test on the tip of one finger & without pain.

I have noticed tiny spots on that little finger when in bright light while wearing   reading glasses but there's no callousing .

Hammer

I have found that it's best to get a lancing device that uses what I call the 4 sided lancets, since most lancing devices use the 4 sided lancets.  If you get a lancing device that uses a different type of lancet, you'll limit your choices of lancet brands.  Below is a picture of two different types of lancets that I've used.  The beige lancets on the left, are the 4 sided lancets, and those are what I use.  The gray lancets on the right, are what I used in the past, and those lancets were for the OneTouch Delica lancing device.  The OneTouch Delica lancets are flatter and shorter than the 4 sided lancets, and they won't fit in most lancing devices.  The gauge of the lancets doesn't matter, since the base of the lancet remains the same size.  All they do is to insert a thicker needle in the end of the lancet.

I have noticed that some lancet manufacturers make their lancets slightly smaller that other manufacturers.  If you buy the name brand lancet for the lancing device that you have, the lancets are usually a snug fit, which they should be.  If you buy a different brand of lancet, sometimes they will not be snug and will move around in the lancing device.  I always use the Bayer Microlet lancets, since my insurance company pays for them, and they fit all of the 4 sided lancing devices that I use or have used.  This is the lancing device that I currently use.

Lancets.thumb.JPG.f860811e6ebba6c4db8748eddaf38308.JPG

PatriciaJ

Thank you Hammer:) I bought the Microlet lansing device from Amazon and it arrived a few days before expected:)

The only trouble I have with it is sometimes it's difficult to put the top cap on..

Hammer

Patricia, if it's the same device as mine, I just unscrew the cap to remove it, then screw it back on.  The cap does have to be at a certain place in order for it to screw on, but I just place the cap on the device and rotate the cap until I hit that one spot. (you can feel it "seat" when you hit that spot.)

PatriciaJ

Thank you Hammer. Yes, that works and it's so easy, LOL. I also like the feature of re-seating the lancet by pulling out and turning the bottom portion:)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.