Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

janice21475

Mike, Thanks for the photos, loved the moon.

Dianna, Loved your photo, too.

Kit, Have you considered that there is a vandal messing with your tires? Hope not and that the issue is finally resolved. However, it seems to me that the shop you are using is a little remiss. They should have been on the ball from the start and suggested the new rims but. . . . at least now you have a chance that it will be resolved.

Kit
21 minutes ago, janice21475 said:

Kit, Have you considered that there is a vandal messing with your tires? Hope not and that the issue is finally resolved. However, it seems to me that the shop you are using is a little remiss. They should have been on the ball from the start and suggested the new rims but. . . . at least now you have a chance that it will be resolved.

I did consider it was a vandal.  But I have learned this month that its actually not that easy to let the air out of ones tires and then seal it back up just fine.

Also the fact that a vandal would have been very unlikely to guess where that specific tire had been moved after they were rotated.  Also, while they couldn't find a leak on the 1st and 4th times I took it in, the second and third, they indeed did see a leak.

The weird thing is its not a steady slow leak.  It will be perfect fine for over 300 miles of driving, not loosing any pressure at all or maybe loosing very very small amounts.  And then it will go from full pressure to flat over the course of about 12 hours of sitting in a driveway.

The current thought is that whatever it is that is happening is dependent on the weight of the car on the tire as well as position of the tire.  Its a bizarre one.  Replacing the tire will let us know if this is the case. 

However, if I have another flat tire come next weekend\Monday morning, I will be setting up cameras.

Edited by Kit

adiantum

A big fat 8 for me.

The heat is getting to me. I had 3 naps yesterday and slept 8 hours last night.

Hammer

Kit, when they checked that tire for leaks, how did they do it?  The typical method is to remove the tire from the car, and place in a tub of water to see if there are any air bubbles coming from the tire.  That is the best way to check the tire for leaks.

I doubt that it's a vandal doing this.  For someone to let the air out of your tire, they would have to stand there for a long time, holding something that would press on the tire's valve.  If they were to just loosen the stem of the tire's valve, they could do that and just leave, and the tire would deflate itself, but that would also show up when the service center checked the tire for leaks.

If they replaced the rims, as well as that tire, and they put in new valve stems when they replaced the rims, then the tire should be fine.

Diana_CT
2 hours ago, ran23 said:

I need to sleep, was awake at 3:00 walking around. 

That is when I usually wake up, and it is not that I want to wake up then. I think as you get older you start waking up in the middle of the night

That is also why I usually post my readings at 4 AM

janice21475

Diana said, "I think as you get older you start waking up in the middle of the night "

My wake-up time is 4 AM and then 7 AM sometimes I actually stay up at 7 AM. :)

Lately it is to cold in the rest of the house to leave the bedroom, then I do go back to sleep. Such a hard life. . .  (Grinning)

steel

I have a question. .

So there can be many causes for high blood pressure, but it's also seen in people who don't have diabetes or kidney disease. I get that type 1 and 2 diabetes are complex diseases and more similar than we previously knew. But I learnt there was something called hypertensive retinopathy.  high Bp independent of diabetes causes much the same micro and macrovascular complications for the heart , brain, kidneys, eyes, veins etc.

I was wondering why it's not considered a disease in itself and given a name like diabetes is for high blood glucose caused by beta cell dysfunction, which in turn has multiple causes.  High bp is deadly enough and has complex enough causes that I think it deserves a flashier name.

Kit

Hypertension I believe is the common medical term for high blood pressure.

steel
2 hours ago, Kit said:

Hypertension I believe is the common medical term for high blood pressure.

That's true. It seems like the equivalent of hyperglycemia. I wonder if there should be a term analogous to diabetes, instead.

adiantum

Ive got some sleeping disease or my body is saying Summer sucks!!

I fell on the bed at 5pm, woke at 11 & ate a snack, back in bed by 11.30 

Woke at 5am for the bathroom, went back to sleep until 8.30

Hammer

Lee, I'd like to have that "disease".  If I go to bed at say, 11pm, I will wake up about 2 hours later to go to the bathroom, then I'll go back to bed and try to fall asleep, which rarely happens, but if I can fall asleep, I'll need to get up about two hours after that to go to the bathroom again, then I'll go back to bed again, but I can't fall asleep.  I can never get a good night's sleep because of me having to go to the bathroom so much.(prostate issues, blood pressure pills that contain a diuretic, etc..)  I end up just laying in bed, hoping that by laying there, I will get enough rest.  Apparently I don't get enough rest because once I do get up, I will fall asleep 8 hours later.  Most people will begin to get tired and want to go to bed 16-17 hours later, not 8 hours later.

adiantum

diabetes mellitus 

4 hours ago, steel said:

That's true. It seems like the equivalent of hyperglycemia. I wonder if there should be a term analogous to diabetes, instead.

Diana_CT

This morning’s read was 105
Today it is supposed to go up to 55F (12C) and Monday the high was 5F (-15C) and then this Saturday the high is predicted to be 25F (-4C).

If you don’t like the weather in New England, just wait a few minutes.
Mark Twain