Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

FunDad62

Took off work Thursday and Friday and drove mom to Atlanta to go see a Braves game.  Her and dad used to go once a year and now that he's gone she is able to go again.  My nephew and his family live up there so we stayed with them and I lived there from 90-96 so I knew my way around.  We lucked out and happened to attend Friday nights game when they clenched the NL East championship.  It was wild.  Crowd went crazy, the entire team ran out on to the field, fireworks after.  Good times.  I was dog-a** tired when I got home last night since I had to do all the driving.  6 hours up and 6 hours back.  Well worth it though.

Tanikit

Its been a long while since I was on these forums. I went off the low carb diet after emigrating and struggled through 2-3 years of bad blood glucose readings and terrible hba1cs. Back on a low carb diet now and on Friday I got my first CGM - took 2 days and a lot of frustration to get it working properly, but its been fantastic today and my sugars have not gone high today though I've been low twice, but I think that was because I was back at work after a short break. Hopefully my next Hba1c will be much better than the last.

adiantum

7.5 again I bring the tone of the neighborhood down but if I dont post my ghastly morning  numbers,I could forget I had D by lunchtime.

Ahnanimus

107 after a sleepless night. Don't think today's stress will be good for tomorrow either.😣

Adiantum,  I  would be happy to forget I had the dreaded d if only for 1 day. I try but  the son of a gun reminds me with a vengeance  the next day!😂

Tanikit

68 (3.7mmol) this morning, but that was after the CGM told me a few times to treat the low - I had been listening, but it wasn't coming up.

Hammer

An 84 (4.67) today.

Lee, I was wondering if you were still planning on seeing an endocrinologist, in hopes that he/she would put you on insulin?  You mentioned that the endo lived across town, and the bus ride would be too long, so you were waiting until you moved, but now that you have a car, is it still too long of a drive to get there?

Diana_CT

I know exactly what caused the reading.

I posted on Facebook that I was feeling down in the dumps and a friend showed up at the door with a pint of ice cream. She proceeded to dish the pint into two bowls. 

The ice cream therapy worked (or maybe it was just the friend showing up at the door) but it sure did a number on my BG.

I'm down in the dumps because in the spring I strained by back and it's still sore, the pain goes away and I forget about it and then do something stupid and I'm back at square one. This time while writing checks I dropped my pen and instead of getting out of the chair and picking it up, I stretched to pick it up. I knew immediately that was a mistake. 

adiantum

7.5 Yesterday I pretended I didnt have D, & will be spanked for it over a few days to come.

The store had baked cheese cake reduced by 50% & I cant resist a bargain.

Hammer, I'm just tired of meeting appointments especially when theyre time consuming or stressful.

I even resent having to see the dermatologist every 3 months & always come out of that office looking like I have smallpox.

Yesterdays visit gave me 15 sunspot burns.

Twice  I made an attempt at looking for the endo's office & crikey... the roads had changed in the time I was without a car.

My 25yr old car sits lower then the SUV's etc which restricts my views when looking for landmarks etc..

I found I had to look through their wheel assembly to see if a side street was close by.

I'll try again on a Sunday next time when the traffic isnt so busy.

Saturdays are worse then week days , it seems parents are taking their kids to football or ballet etc & all the cyclists come out to play.

I really is time I got away from city living.

Hammer

A 77 (4.28) today.  If I get a reading tomorrow in the 70's, I'll be happy, but if it's back up into the 90's, I'll up my nightly insulin dose by 2 units instead of 1.  These BG numbers in the 90's aren't going to beat me, I have insulin!☺️

Le, I don't know if you have a smart phone, but if you do, just use it's GPS capabilities to find an address.  I have a smart phone that my daughter lent me, as well as a Garmin GPS unit.  If I know in advance that I'm going to have trouble finding an address, I'll program my Garmin unit, then use that to find an address.  If I should find myself lost, like if I know only one way to get to an address, but the road is closed, and I have to find an alternative route, I'll use the smart phone that my daughter lent me.  I'm sure there is some type of app that you need to download into the smart phone to use the GPS function, but my daughter took care of that, so I don't know how you do that.

adiantum

My phone isnt very smart :rofl:  but I'll have to get one soon.

I read today of an app that allows you to report road kill . Such data could help prevent  many  deaths in future.

I was saddened to see an owls body near a roundabout. I guess it had been hunting insects around the lights for the Spring chicks.

Hammer
32 minutes ago, adiantum said:

My phone isnt very smart :rofl:  but I'll have to get one soon.

I read today of an app that allows you to report road kill . Such data could help prevent  many  deaths in future.

I was saddened to see an owls body near a roundabout. I guess it had been hunting insects around the lights for the Spring chicks.

Lee, I have never actually seen an owl in real life, but it would bother me also if I saw one killed as road kill.  I like owls, even though I know practically nothing about them, but they don't seem to hurt anyone, and they are beautiful to look at.

On a side note, leave it to Americans to come up with something like this....Roadkill Cafe.  I've never been to Arizona, which is where this cafe is, so I don't know how much roadkill they have there, but when I heard about this place, I couldn't help but find it amusing, because Americans can find humor in most anything.  While they don't actually offer up anything on their menu that is actually roadkill, the names of the things on their menu are interesting, to say the least.

Tanikit

6.7 or 124 this morning. I ran higher overnight on purpose cause I really needed some sleep and the CGM has had me up a lot for lows.